are you allowed your earphones in at work? (1 Viewer)

La La

i drink your milkshake
luckily where I work we are - thank god. I can't imagine not being able to listen to my iPod all day. and strangely it doesn't seem to affect my concentration....(that's what thumped is for) ;)

most of us converse through MSN anyway (rather impersonal but)

so in your workplace are you able to or would you get barked at?

Most days, but it wouldn't be right, so I rarely do.
If I do (when utmost concentration is needed), I just say I'm going offline, whack on the headphones before anyone can say anything and let them field my calls. Which means, take a message and I'll get back to them. NOTHING is that urgent.

i do, but these new closed ones aren't the best for an open hall-like shithole like this

i can't hear anyone with these on so often I just use these on one ear. Right now I don't care 'cause it's my LAST WEEK

Nope, not even allowed a radio between us, or even in the canteen, which is stupid seeing as it's a factory (more or less). I've speakers on my computer though so i listen to some music if i think i can get away with it - there's so many computers running here you can't really hear the music any more than four feet from the speakers. I just tell them the speakers are left over from the last guy and i never get any hassle.

Wasn't in my last place and it was a fuckin 'mare! Days go on and on when all you can hear is chat about make-up and bad boyfriends... Now, cos my new boss is a legend, I have my HD with 80gb+ of tunes attached to the server and my itunes shares everything so the whole office has tunes to spare AND he bought us all some comfy hphones! Pro.duc.tiv!

yes, thank god. I wouldn't get through a day without my iPod. Even the radio would drive me mad.

Sometimes when I'm feeling really generous, I turn it up loud and share it with those sitting around me, lucky people.

I'm allowed but its not really practical.
I monitor Chinese top secret communications for the US government. It's in Alaska so there's no good radio stations anyway.

We have them as part of the job. We use ICQ messaging- its like MSN. It means all you can hear in the office is the clickety click of typing and people who sit directly beside each other use messaging rather than talk out loud

yes, its shit

yep, though occasionally a co-worker will tap me on the shoulder and ask me to turn them down; they're over the ear jobbies, and can get loud.

Yeah - although I tripped over the cable last week and it snapped, so I've been without music in work for nearly a week :(

yes mercifully. every other week, one of the lad's i work with tunes into q10fucking2 every night of the week.:mad: :mad: :mad:

i worked in a factory about ten years ago (summer job) where we worked a few weeks of nightshift. fm104 piped to the factory floor; speakers hung from the ceiling. they had the same playlist every single night.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back