Are Sonic Youth Defintley Confirmed For White Stripes (2 Viewers)

thegoone said:
there is in the sun
website will no doubt be updated in the next day or two

another suggestion is to try SY's website (if one exists)
aye there is no mention if on the youths website

hugh said:
Its Aug24th and I can confirm with 99% confidence that SOnic Youth ARE playing in Ireland some time around that date. The reason being, that only last week I arranged to go on holiday abroad for 2 weeks starting on August 21st and since way back in 1990 when SY played for the first time in Ireland (McGonagles) they have been booking their gigs here for times that I have been out of the country. Without fail.
well thats airtight enough for me.

I saw the ad with all the names as above in sundays News of the Screws too.

SO does this mean that a shitload of people will leave after the Youth??

That would be deadly.

thickaspigshit said:
I saw the ad with all the names as above in sundays News of the Screws too.

SO does this mean that a shitload of people will leave after the Youth??

That would be deadly.
if you have payed your money you might as well watch all bands and it should be cool to see the new york dolls

phoned up ticketmaster there and they said at the minute sonic youth arent confirmed

fuckin bollix:(

the thing is hardly gonna sell out is it???

as well i was thinking last night, how in the hell can they stop people getting into the park and climbing up a tree to watch the gig (or something...?) marley park has got to be the easiest venue to scam into ever! i practically grew up there and know all the secret places and back doors, etc. well one or two of them anyway..
thoughts?

even if you don't want to be that adventurous there's ways of enjoying the gig, apparantly there's plenty of places in marley park that the public can get access to where you can hear the bands perfectly.

when I lived in churchtown I could hear r.e.m. pretty clearly from my back garden, and that's not even straight next to marlay park...

damien said:
the thing is hardly gonna sell out is it???

as well i was thinking last night, how in the hell can they stop people getting into the park and climbing up a tree to watch the gig (or something...?) marley park has got to be the easiest venue to scam into ever! i practically grew up there and know all the secret places and back doors, etc. well one or two of them anyway..
thoughts?
this sounds like fun. can we wear sniper gear and move 1inch per hour???

well if i get enough mong into me thats the fastest i'll be able to move anyway.

damien said:
well if i get enough mong into me thats the fastest i'll be able to move anyway.
thats no good, we'd have to hold out until we were in the grounds. what if we were spotted?

maybe we should bring sniper rifles too.

hugh said:
August 21st and since way back in 1990 when SY played for the first time in Ireland (McGonagles) they have been booking their gigs here for times that I have been out of the country. Without fail.
yeah - that mcGonagles gig was Sept 2nd.
then the Nirvana Top Hat thingy mid August the following year

nlgbbbblth said:
what's the capacity of this ?
surely should be easy get a ticket once they bloody confirm SY
should be but i just wish they would fuckin confirm so i can get it over with and buy mine

Ciaran Mackle said:
should be but i just wish they would fuckin confirm so i can get it over with and buy mine
dont worry about it. the more you stress now, the bigger the anticlimax will be.

i used to love sneaking into gigs in botanic gardens. total stealth! !ninjaaaa

then the council decided people were having too much fun, and cancelled them before satan got loose in NI. cos, y'know, it's such a peaceful, loving place.

anyone here read the vacuum?

looks like sonic youth arent playing now. i phoned MDC who are promoting the gig and they said it was only blanche and the new york dolls. man it sucks big time seeing as these people have advertised that sonic youth were playing. the woman i was talking to was less than helpful and when i mentioned that people had seen sonic youths name on the ad she just said well they are liars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back