Apps that make you happy (1 Viewer)

several moves ago, i had this awesome thing that worked like a messy notebook - one file made up of lots of separate pieces of text arranged in a tree structure. it was freeware or shareware and i haven't been able to find it since, but it was probably the only app that's genuinely felt intuitive, and it was an improvement on my (reinstated) notebook/index cards chaos.

sniffle.

Freemind is deadly, to the max! and not scary at all, just type stuff into bubbles and connect them up. Only really useful of course if you have some stuff where you want to relate items to a central point (like a project
of some sort or an article or an all-the-bands-related-to-radiohead type family tree thing).

Play with it...

Browster of course, another simple idea done well.

Allows you to open little subwindows to peek at links without changing the page, handy for peeking at new posts without leaving the general page.

I tried Keynote before but didn't like it 'cos it saved files as.knt and I wanted a replacement for windows notepad that would save to standard .txt. Now that I look though, Keynote could be very useful just for the whole organisation side of things. Although on the website there's a long apology from the creator who says he won't be maintaining the apps anymore as he's got writer's block and thinks there's better apps out there now, he's been superceded...

Anyone know of any apps that go through your system to check for firmware updates? Just bought a second hand laptop and trying to update everything... Gah!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back