Apps that make you happy (1 Viewer)

While I'm at it, other freebies:

Copernic Desktop Search
, much quicker than the standard windows search option, doesn't hog the system while it looks, searches inside docs/files. Limited by not being able to search system files as far as I can see, but apart from that, a sweet little time saver.

Foxitreader, PDF reader, much faster and smaller than Adobe's.

PDFcreator
, convert docs/images etc to pdf, fast and straightforward, use like a printer.

Most of these culled from pages like this handy list of free apps.

its not really what your on about but i love delicious director. ive filled my delicious up with links so that i can launch director and watch all the links arranging themselves beautifully. i love it when im trying to remember a site i know ive bookmarked and i can get director going and call it up almost instantaneously

drooling.gif
drooling.gif
drooling.gif

This made me happy. Found loads of useless crap on the computer that I wouldn't have found myself and got rid of it.

http://www.ccleaner.com/

Also, with TweakUI I was able to, uh, tweak a bunch of things. Like the size and resolution of the Thumbnails, what show's up under the "Other Places" bit in Window's folders, loads of little small things that are there by default, but weren't as useful to me as they are now.
http://www.annoyances.org/exec/show/tweakui

Spybot's cool too.

Arrah shite, image removed from previous post...

CCleaner very handy, always a bit worried that it's deleting useful stuff but hey, it seems to know what it's at.

TweakUI I meant to get before but will give it a lash now, ta.

Arrah shite, image removed from previous post...

CCleaner very handy, always a bit worried that it's deleting useful stuff but hey, it seems to know what it's at.

I work under the assumption that if I don't know what it is then I don't need it. "Out of date registry keys? uh, ok then, delete"

yesterday it deleted 650mb of stuff, deadly.

in this hectic, post 9-11 world we live in, I find I am under extra pressure to close that deal, comply with the new regulations in a fast and er....compliant way and get the job done.

Thats why ZapGrab is my screen grabbing utility of choice.

http://masterzap.is-a-geek.com/~zap/zapgrab.html

I love this tool...easy to install, easy to use. 10 out of 10.

CCleaner is also great.

While I'm at it, other freebies:

Copernic Desktop Search
, much quicker than the standard windows search option, doesn't hog the system while it looks, searches inside docs/files. Limited by not being able to search system files as far as I can see, but apart from that, a sweet little time saver.

How does this compare to Google Desktop? GD is pretty sweet in my estimation.

How does this compare to Google Desktop? GD is pretty sweet in my estimation.

Dunno, haven't used GD, would like to give it a lash although the tin-foil-hat wearer in me fears the potential for little google-bots to be indexing everything on my hard-drive, not there's anything they'd care about, but they care about everything...

Yeah I thought about that but then I also thought I have fuck all of any interest to anyone (or do I?)
Maybe I should reconsider. I dunno.

yeah... but no, I say fuckit, they can have my data.

Trying GD now, I'm already running a bunch of yahoo widgets which look great and do their job quietly, GD seems to be a bit of a system hog, but I like having a sidebar again. It's on a probationary period for the moment.

I use GD offline just to search files and shit, but now you have me all paranoid!
That Launchy app is a serious gem though. Thanks again for the heads up on that

in this hectic, post 9-11 world we live in, I find I am under extra pressure to close that deal, comply with the new regulations in a fast and er....compliant way and get the job done.

Thats why ZapGrab is my screen grabbing utility of choice.

http://masterzap.is-a-geek.com/~zap/zapgrab.html

I love this tool...easy to install, easy to use. 10 out of 10.

CCleaner is also great.

ok, I got this, unzipped it, dispensed with rep as appropriate, but I dunno what to do with now.
I press grab, highlight whatever, and then.....nothing.
it says it's sposed to be on my clipboard. Where's my clipboard?What's a clipboard? clipboard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back