Apple stuff breaking all over the shop (1 Viewer)

freddienonose

Website
www.amnesty.ie
I'm new to Apple and having a terrible time so far.

First thing I had was a little Ipod nano. Thing just stopped working one day. Unfortunately, I was living in Ethiopia so getting it fixed was not an option.

Just before Christmas I got a macbook. Bastard is now refusing to eject discs unless I give it a little dig under the drive. And it's frozen a couple of times. And its slowing down. I only just got the thing.

I also got an 80g video Ipod as a present on Christmas day. Was in town just now and the thing froze. It's stuck on the photo page and isn't responding at all. I've plugged it into the macbook and nothing. Still frozen.

"You should buy Apple gear," everyone told me. "Very reliable".

Come back PC, all is forgiven....

You've probably just been unlucky freddie although i'd never get an iPod as a rule.

The macbook has a good track record from what ive heard. Surely you could back up all your stuff on en external hd and get it replaced?

I've used and worked on macs for years and find them grand. i have a mac book pro and it's deadly. Ipods can be hit n miss. They are better that PCs but not as much as people would like you to believe.

Ah yeah, probably. Pain in the arse, though. The two ipods just stopping is particularly annoying. I wonder does that happen often.

And because the Ipod has decided to give up the ghost I had to listen to a Luas conversation that went something like this all the way out to Tallaght:

"So, she bated her for saying her brother had the AIDS"

"With her schoolbag on?"

"Yeah, she bated her with the bag on her back."

"She does bate everyone, doesn't she? And she never takes off her schoolbag."

"It's fuckin' deadly, isn't it? She doesn't have to take it off to bate people."

I grew up in Tallaght and have yet to meet this schoolbag-wearing bater.

my ipod is finally giving up the ghost, after loads of abuse. still disappointed at how relatively short it's lifespan has been.

rather than spending full price on a new one, i went and got one of the refurbished ones from the apple store for 200 quid cheaper. fingers crossed it works out okay. fully guaranteed and all, but fingers crossed all the same

Yeah, wouldn't mind if it didn't owe me anything. I've only had this one six weeks or whatever it is since Christmas and had only put 4000 songs on.

Steve Jobs - I'm very pissed off. He reads Thumped, doesn't he?

Yeah, wouldn't mind if it didn't owe me anything. I've only had this one six weeks or whatever it is since Christmas and had only put 4000 songs on.

Steve Jobs - I'm very pissed off. He reads Thumped, doesn't he?

He's above thumped i'm sure :p

Sorry to hear this, i'va had 2nd Generation 10Gb iPod, 4Gb Nano, 30Gb iPod Video, 12" G4 Powerbook and an iMac and have never had any problems.

Get your gear backed up and demand replacements. Apple are quite good at replacing.

Good luck.

He's above thumped i'm sure :p

Sorry to hear this, i'va had 2nd Generation 10Gb iPod, 4Gb Nano, 30Gb iPod Video, 12" G4 Powerbook and an iMac and have never had any problems.

Get your gear backed up and demand replacements. Apple are quite good at replacing.

Good luck.
indeed. my 60gb ipod crapped out and apple had a replacement out to me 5 days after they recieved mine. pretty good

Brother's missus does phone support for apple in cork for the last seven years. She'll tell you apple stuff isn't as reliable as people would have you think.

this is appropriate. i wanna send a complaint email to apple for fucking up my macbook order but don't have the audacity to yell down the phone. so far i've being ping-ponging emails all day to apple in the states coz NO ONE can supply me with a copy and pasted form of an email address. even on the apple site, no email address for support. do apple use computers or what?

MENU + MIDDLE BUTTON does reset for those new fancy ipods (i thinks) keep 'em pressed down for a good 5 secs or so.

Fuck me. That worked. Thanks.

Wonder if it's a sign of meltdown to come?
yeah 'hard' reboots are not uncommon at all. when i got me first ipod years ago the thing had completely fallen asleep before i even got it out of the box and the only way of waking it up was a hard reset.

this is appropriate. i wanna send a complaint email to apple for fucking up my macbook order but don't have the audacity to yell down the phone. so far i've being ping-ponging emails all day to apple in the states coz NO ONE can supply me with a copy and pasted form of an email address. even on the apple site, no email address for support. do apple use computers or what?
Rang the brother's missus about this, she investigated and said there's no support email address thiny, so send them a letter and it'll get answered fairly sharpish. Or not.

I've been using their stuff since the shares were cheap enough for me to consider buying some. I reallt regret not buying some now. Can't think of any problems with their gear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back