• Thread starter Corm
  • Start date
  • Replies 100
  • Views 11K
  • Watchers 9

Corm

Website
www.myspace.com
There's a huge trend for apocalypse movies these days. I think the success of 28 Days Later & Children of Men has got the Hollywood cunts all in a tizzy.

That I Legend was fuckin stupih. Americans.

There's another out in a few months that looks to have some good dystopic blood cult shit and all goin on...sort of some kind of mix of 28 Weeks Later, Mad Max 2 and No Escape, from the director of The Descent, so it's got some promise...

http://www.apple.com/trailers/universal/doomsday/

Any other good dystopia movies I've missed?

That doomsday is by the guy that made dog soldiers which gives me a lot of hope for it.

That doomsday is by the guy that made dog soldiers which gives me a lot of hope for it.

mmmmmmm nice.

6.jpg

This pic has so much photoshop potential!!

Threads scared the living shit out of just about everyone who watched it in 1984.
Having just purchased this on DVD I was eager to watch it after waiting years to see it after it was unofficially banned from ever being shown on the BBC again. I was four when it was first shown and my parents switched it off, too frightened to watch it themselves never mind let me see it.

Testament Meant to be good but i've not watched it yet.

World War Z
is on the way sometime. IMDB plot keywords: "Cannibalism / Outbreak / First Person Narrative / Apocalypse / Flesh Eating Zombies". Can't say fairer than that, really.

There's always Jericho on the telly ahahahaaaaa. i watch it.

Threads was fairly scary.

Here, does any one remember this thing on Chanel 4 (or BBC2) and, it was filmed in a weird sort of futuristic way, sort of as if through CC TV cams, the shots had logs at the bottom of them and were odd hues... and, like, there was people finding bits of people in little zip-lok baggies. I suppose there was a murderer around, and he would kill lads and cut them up, and stash baggies around the shop.

I think it was a 2 part series or something. It was back when C4 (I think it was Channel 4) still showed some bizzaro shit.
I remember watching it, and being quite scared of it, and then no one else had seen it.
I remember almost nothing about it... they never showed it again.
I think it had a really short name, like just a number with a letter maybe.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

Threads was fairly scary.

Here, does any one remember this thing on Chanel 4 (or BBC2) and, it was filmed in a weird sort of futuristic way, sort of as if through CC TV cams, the shots had logs at the bottom of them and were odd hues... and, like, there was people finding bits of people in little zip-lok baggies. I suppose there was a murderer around, and he would kill lads and cut them up, and stash baggies around the shop.

I think it was a 2 part series or something. It was back when C4 (I think it was Channel 4) still showed some bizzaro shit.
I remember watching it, and being quite scared of it, and then no one else had seen it.
I remember almost nothing about it... they never showed it again.
I think it had a really short name, like just a number with a letter maybe.

Anyone know what I am talking about?

Well I remember a programme called V which used to scare me when i was 10 or 11. Used to always watch it at my cousins house. Can't really remember much about it but there were these aliens that looked like crocodiles but were disguised as humans trying to take over the world. or some such.

Not sure if thats what your on about though...

V is legend! There's a bit where this one is after ridin' an alien lizard man (except he's got a fake human suit on) and has his baby for him, and it's twins, and the first one is all green and mouldy and all, and everyone thinks it's gross, and then another one pops out, and it's all lovely and baby-lookin, and then it sticks out it's tongue and goes "hiss!!" with a little lizardy tongue, and the episode ends with yer wan screamin! Legend!!

Well I remember a programme called V which used to scare me when i was 10 or 11. Used to always watch it at my cousins house. Can't really remember much about it but there were these aliens that looked like crocodiles but were disguised as humans trying to take over the world. or some such.

Not sure if thats what your on about though...

Nah, V was something else, with Aliens like you were saying. I remember that one alright.
The first thing I noticed about this program (it might have been a film though) was the style of camera work. It was absolutely ages ago, and it was the first time I had seen that whole non-standard way of filming things.
The shots were usually badly colour balanced, ie too blue or too orangey. It wasn't hand held though I think. It was fly on the wall style.

There was a lot of industry / metal walkways and all of that. (edit, also big massive concrete multistory car parks now that I think of it..) I suppose that tied in with the style of filming.

And, basically this lad chopping up people and putting bits of them in baggies.

You never knew who was doing it though, you just sort of followed the investigation in a voyeur sort of way.
I was about 10 I suppose, so it might have been as much as 20 years ago.

V is legend! There's a bit where this one is after ridin' an alien lizard man (except he's got a fake human suit on) and has his baby for him, and it's twins, and the first one is all green and mouldy and all, and everyone thinks it's gross, and then another one pops out, and it's all lovely and baby-lookin, and then it sticks out it's tongue and goes "hiss!!" with a little lizardy tongue, and the episode ends with yer wan screamin! Legend!!

I remember that one!!!

Ah god. Used to be able to watch so much good stuff at my cousins that i would have been killed for watching at home.

must see if theres any V on youtube.

Threads is amazing. It scared the shit out of me when I saw it a few years ago. The effects aren't amazing but it's very good, very grim.

The Day After is ok. Steve Gutenburg and John Lithgow in post-nuclear war Kansas.

Testament I didn't like that much, but other people love. Small town in California after a nuclear war.

The War Game is amazing. It's a BBC film from the '60s done in mock documentary style. Nuclear war in Britain. It was considered too upsetting to be broadcast when it was made and I think was only broadcast in the 1980s. You can find it on youtube. The scariest thing about it is how soberly it is produced and the authoritive BBC voice saying after gruesome scenes, "all of this happened in Dresden and Nagasaki" etc.

possibly the grimmest film known to man.

did you see the Director's cut version, where they all jump out at the end and yell SURPRISE at Ruth, and Jeremy Beadle comes out and they all start cheering and applauding her for being such a good sport.

Apart from her mutated baby though. Because of the whole hands thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back