Anyone remember the Telstar Ponies? (1 Viewer)

Yeah, they were pretty good. The album "In the Space of a Few Minutes" had some real nice choons. They were doing krautrock a couple of years before it became big and clever and before it became de rigeur for conceptually bankrupt clusters of teenage grease-heads to append 17 minutes of noise to every 3 minute pop song.

They also had a version of the Sonic-Youth-disaffected-female-vocal thing going on, which was mildly sexy if you had a soft spot for the sound of Scottish women on heroin, which I did. That was all combined with an MBV-like inclination towards engulfing, uterine rackets - dense and multi-timbral, like Flying Saucer Attack, but less abstract. They seemed to write songs with choruses.

TP didn't always escape their influences but when they did they certainly had the power to cloud up your living room with thick, dark oedipal fumes, and you can't say fairer than that <cough>.

Looking forward to inhaling them again soon...

grover (14 Nov, 2001 11:11 a.m.):
Im bringing them over...im just interested if anyone still likes them....

Hi Grover, let me know what dates they're doing b/c there's talk of one @ Lazybird, innit ? The last thing I heard by 'em was a 7" I listened to in Road Records which didn't do it for me really, I preferred what I heard on the elpee that anomaly mentioned. I'm looking forward to it much on that evidence alone...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back