Anyone remember In Dust? (1 Viewer)

brikelly

Website
www.geocities.com
Howyiz,

Does anyone remember this band, In Dust? They were from the North, and they released an album called "Nosebleed" in the early 90's which was fucking superb.

I saw them live supporting the Young Gods in the Rock Garden in 1993 or so and they were tops. Metal guitar, voice and tons of keyboards and samples. Luvly jubbly.

Anyone know if they released anything else, or what they're doing know? Google says nowt.

Ta muchly,
Brian

I was there too!! Great gig..they sent a demo into us still have it :)..I think they gave up after that. I think that was the same month when sheep on drugs played?? The rock garden was great then.
brikelly said:
Howyiz,

Does anyone remember this band, In Dust? They were from the North, and they released an album called "Nosebleed" in the early 90's which was fucking superb.

I saw them live supporting the Young Gods in the Rock Garden in 1993 or so and they were tops. Metal guitar, voice and tons of keyboards and samples. Luvly jubbly.

Anyone know if they released anything else, or what they're doing know? Google says nowt.

Ta muchly,
Brian

X-Rated said:
I was there too!! Great gig..they sent a demo into us still have it :)..I think they gave up after that. I think that was the same month when sheep on drugs played?? The rock garden was great then.
Oh fuck aye I loved them. Saw tham at least 5 times in Belfast. Supporting Young Gods, Therapy?, in the Limelight, at Jordanstown University etc etc. They had a demo tape, the Bewildermental EP and the Nosebleed LP. Fucking great band. I should also have their Peel Session recorded off the radio which was fucking classic.

X-Rated said:
You're completely right - I missed the Sheep On Drugs gig, but I heard it was deadly too...

one of dust revolution is now Count Tornado, who was playing around until recently. dunno if he's locked up again or wha.
i remember In Dust on peel, that was the last i heard of them. not really my kind of thing, but they kept me interest for a earful. i think they just called it a day not long after that. dunno who any of them were or if any of them went on to other bands. Gary Knifed, any info?

would that be the 2 piece / keyboards & vocals ensemble that played with Pitchshifter???

oh boy.

pete said:
would that be the 2 piece / keyboards & vocals ensemble that played with Pitchshifter???

oh boy.
The very ones! Anto and David. Crazy songs about robots and SanFransisco skies. I recorded a demo for them in Elektra years ago, and gigged with them on several occassions.
They don't make'm like they used to!
bing

the bearded lady said:
one of dust revolution is now Count Tornado, who was playing around until recently. dunno if he's locked up again or wha.
i remember In Dust on peel, that was the last i heard of them. not really my kind of thing, but they kept me interest for a earful. i think they just called it a day not long after that. dunno who any of them were or if any of them went on to other bands. Gary Knifed, any info?

the count is indeed alive and well(ish) the news is from a horse's mouth that I know is that he will be doing a gig over the summer with the legendary aidan walsh.

Yes holy shit. could any stage hold that much crap at the same time? we will see.I'll post up a date and venue. Both act will have a full band too comprised of various all- stars.you heard it hear last.

Bing said:
The very ones! Anto and David. Crazy songs about robots and SanFransisco skies. I recorded a demo for them in Elektra years ago, and gigged with them on several occassions.
They don't make'm like they used to!
And for this we should be eternally thankful.

the bearded lady said:
Not really much more than has been mentioned. I thought they did a 12" and the lp? I could be wrong as I never liked them. I think at least one of them lives in england now. They also had a "comedy" band/alter ego,but they did very little exept a demo and few gigs.Can't remember the name though. I reckon Fastfude is your best bet for info.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back