anyone heard the new Metallica album (1 Viewer)

1919-1.jpg

Album coming in for heaps of attacks because of it's insane compression. The Guitar Hero version seems way better.
I bought this album on Saturday so would have no objections to downloading the Guitar Hero version. Can anyone provide a link?

yea I just want to listen to that version instead of the CD i bought.

that link is a torrent thing, thanks but I don't know what to do with it. Any links to normal audio files?

personally i think the CD sounds better. joss mentioned this to me a while ago and he's right, lots of stuff of late is mixed with painful amounts of high end.

Metallica drummer Lars Ulrich has no clue what people are bitching and moaning about. Dude's been listening to the CD in his car, and it sounds "fuckin' smokin'".

Somebody told me about [people complaining that the Guitar Hero version of Death Magnetic sounds better]. Listen, what are you going to do? A lot of people say [the CD] sounds great, and a few people say it doesn't, and that's OK. You gotta remember, when we put out ...And Justice for All, people were going, 'What happened to these guys, this record? There's no bass on it. It sounds like it was recorded in a fuckin' garage on an eight-track.' And now ...And Justice for All is sort of the seminal Metallica record that supposedly influenced a whole generation of death-metal bands. The difference between back then and now is the Internet.
The Internet gives everybody a voice, and the Internet has a tendency to give the complainers a louder voice. Listen, I can't keep up with this shit. Part of being in Metallica is that there's always somebody who's got a problem with something that you're doing: 'James Hetfield had something for breakfast that I don't like.' That's part of the ride.
eh, what?

http://kotaku.com/5056608/metallica-drummer-on-sound-quality-stink-blames-internet

fuck no

I HATE judas priest.

have a testament live dvd from a couple of years ago and it's pretty good, but to be honest i prefer The Alex Skolnick Trio these days...

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Listened to the new 'tallica a good bit now. I must say I like it. Quite a lot actually.
I listen to the guitar hero version mostly. Put on the CD the other day and all I could hear was DRUMS!. Maybe that's why Lars likes it so much. I don't care what he says, The Day That Never Ends is distorted and way over the top. I'd fear for my ears and my speakers.

Listened to the new 'tallica a good bit now. I must say I like it. Quite a lot actually.
I listen to the guitar hero version mostly. Put on the CD the other day and all I could hear was DRUMS!. Maybe that's why Lars likes it so much. I don't care what he says, The Day That Never Ends is distorted and way over the top. I'd fear for my ears and my speakers.

this is my album of the year hands down! followed closely by the sun kil moon album!
when i play it full blast in my headphones (as i do with everything) it distorts a tiny bit but only in the iggy raw power way! the guitar hero version is just too quiet for me.... but loud or not, i still think its an amazing album!
its not master of puppets or kill em'all but i already have those albums so why the fuck would i want another?!
rock on my friends! rock on!
.|..|

rumour is theyre playing roisin dubh in feb!! .|..|can you confirm this gugai?! .|..|

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back