Anyone hear of the new messiahs? (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is their story like then? Are they Cork, Dublin? When are they gigging Dublin? Who are they?

Answers?

!baggyyyy

finally, a thread about cork!

New messiahs are indeed based in cork. the bastards beat us in the battle of the bands, but to be honest it was deserved, they played well and the sound for us was utterly atrocious too.

not too sure bout the egos thing; their singer is a really nice guy. Theyre very professional and tight, its just a style of music that i really dislike.

and yes, the phoenix is open again. as the phoenix. Dunno what its like, still debating whether i'll crumble into dust if i see it all different.

On the subject of hillbillies... its totally inferior! Fair enough, the breast in a buns are quality, but if you want a good chipper go the Lennoxs on the north side (NOT CF LENNOX'S). Or if you want the king of chippers, its KC's in Douglas. Trev will back me up on this!

Ah, my sweet creole.... Laced with mayo, potatoe chunks, grilled chicken, salad....

KC's is for a sophisticated munch
Hillibilles is for a scuttered drunk breast in a bun (have you noticed how they've changed to inferior buns of late?)
Hoggies is for a divine half-pounder lump of juicy beef
4-Star is for a daycent pizza if you're patient enough to wait
Fast Al's is for a daycent pizza slice if you're rich enough to pay
[Jackie] Lennoxes is for all occasions!

Aaaanyway, the Phoenix is alright like, new paint, not too fancy, still what I'd consider to be a fairly poor venue for live music. The weekly 'soul' nights come well recommended though...

The New Messiahs
Concert dates:
(but more important: chippers, yummy chippers! I have a soft spot for uncle sams. They can make a good little greasy fried potato. Also, the Fry In ballincollig... our drummer and myself have this passion for their sausage supper... Mmmmm, sausage supper with mushy peas and malt vinegar....​
But, when in Cork city proper, It's all about Uncle Sams.​
Mickoc, I agree on almost everything you wrote there with the exception of Jackie Lennox's. everyone has told me to there and I finally did but was really dissappointed. I keep saying to people and the say the quality has gone down over the years. But, they are a 'Cork Chip Legacy'.​

I'm a cigarette whore actually, Never been much of a quitter... There is something so refreshing about a cigarette after leaving a pub. Oh yes, it suppresses the stench of human odour absorbed in my clothes from inside the pub. I never noticed the amount of body odour in a pub till I was in An Brog this past Friday and... Well, the pungent perfume of drunken sweat and crotch. Like all of you haven't noticed it!!!!! So, if splitting a fag makes you a Gay then I am a three-euro whore.

And what is so bad about being gay? I know lots of gay people. I'd don't take offence to too much but using Homosexuality as an insult? Why not call them black... Muslim, what about women... Do we hate women? Don't men who hate women infer they may not like women at all. Wouldn’t that indicate a preference for something other then women.

"is it true that they're all gay?" Was the question asked?

Look at what you've written; you look like a jackass. I don't know who you are and there is a possibility I may know you, but really, we are not in grade school.

There are gay people who flip through this forum as well. Do you think they are happy to be blindly insulted by a statement you couldn't resist but make on a public forum? Having been the victim of prejudice, I can assure you that your statement was seen and felt somewhere. You just ruined someone’s day you prick.

hey, i'm a member of the band The New Messiahs, and no, we're not all gay, but thanks for asking. Glad to see you're a real music fan!

yes, we have an ep coming out at the end of the month, and will be available at all our gigs! will be playing in Whelans on the 30th of May with the excellent The Marshal Stars, so if any one is interested in going to that,you'll find us and it, there! cheers!

The New Messiahs Concert Dates

TNM_logo.jpg
THE NEW MESSIAHS
CONCERT DATES

www.gigireland.com/thenewmessiahs

What a strange thread. I've been the victim of prejudice for what it's worth. Once, a black faggot wouldn't let me be his dirty little bitch just because I'm a white Papist cunt with a face like Dot Cotton's vulva.

Re: The New Messiahs Concert Dates

For those who want more info about the band. It also has an MP3 of one of our songs called 'Of my precious heart'.

http://homepage.eircom.net/~irishsong30/messiah.htm

AWARDS:

Hotpress magazine – "Demo of the Fortnight"

REDFM - "Best Hotpress First Cut" of 2003.

Hot Press Magazine July 2nd 2003:

Their vocalist Chris Skindagger sings with real, rather then contrived, conviction backed by a band who offer a nourishing stew of grunge, punk, Nickelback, The Smashing Pumpkins and that something indefinable that must be their own. ‘Of my precious Heart’ opens with a throbbing guitar riff that immediately prompts you to turn up the volume. It turns up the heat too, but then drops it as appropriate to maintain the dynamic tension. These guys are promising. – Jackie Hayden

Re: The New Messiahs Concert Dates

Beast said:
Their vocalist Chris Skindagger sings with real, rather then contrived, conviction backed by a band who offer a nourishing stew of grunge, punk, Nickelback, The Smashing Pumpkins and that something indefinable that must be their own. ‘Of my precious Heart’ opens with a throbbing guitar riff that immediately prompts you to turn up the volume. It turns up the heat too, but then drops it as appropriate to maintain the dynamic tension. These guys are promising. – Jackie Hayden

Is a positive review from Jackie Hayden (which compares your band to Nickelback) a good sign?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back