Anyone have ITV4? (2 Viewers)

saw Jubilee in the 80's, can't remember it as being that exciting at the time, didn't know it was on last night.what was to documentary on punk about then (apart from punk that is) there was one on last year and it was broken into diff sections, like zines, women in punk (has G from crass on talking for a few seconds). Was actually a pretty good doc. i think it even had a section on h/c, been a while since i saw it.

Looking at this after chrimbo too, gonna try get a good sized HD telly too, for the Xbox like .|..|
I have my pc connected up to my HD Bravia which in turn has it's own pc channel.......so If I wanted too I can play my games on the tv from the pC, also films I d/l I can do the same thing and watch on the TV.

I have my pc connected up to my HD Bravia which in turn has it's own pc channel.......so If I wanted too I can play my games on the tv from the pC, also films I d/l I can do the same thing and watch on the TV.
That's alright. I've a good eighty gig of movies i've been meaning to watch, but didn't want to sit through on the laptop screen, would be the job on a good sized telly.

Oh to be rich...

Or just not to have pay high rent or mortgages ;)

seriously I'm just good with money, I appreciate it esp after being old enough to remember poor times/recession.

Deleted this doc but trying to find the name of a band that was in it, they were talking about them in the context of UK bands that came before punk/influenced punk. They had the singer on, huge bald bloke in a suit. Original footage of the band was of them live on telly, skinny guitarist, they sounded like mods and looked like they were on speed? Ringing any bells?

to anyone who has a sky dish!! is it possible to position it your self, i got pissed off one day and went on the roof and kkicked it, now the signal is fucked, "weak" signal, or do i have to call in someone to get it working!!??

you have to call in a doctor and get yer head examined... just strolling on the roof were ya? hahaha

all you need is two people, one to move the dish and one to watch the TV, move the dish a light bit at a time... unless your kick damaged the reciever part of it...

didnt see the programe but with my old lad glasses on id say its dr feelgood, pub rockers with speedy songs from that time, best known song is milk and alcohol.

members included wilko johnson skiny guitarist who then went on to ian durys blockheads - now theres a band

big singer lad from feelgood died about ten years ago

then again i didnt see the prog so could be 100 percent wrong:D

hmm, lee got fat towards the end of his life ( as in the See you later alligator video from the 80s) so maybe it was? I didnt see it either

Brilleau.GIF

heres them in their heyday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3_9UqTOmkU

loads of great clips of them on youtube

totally possibel to do yourself, esp if you have some signal- you say its weak, it just needs to go a tiny bit either left, right, up or down. basically try moving it a bit up - then if not that go back and then try down etc. if you do it bit by bit like this you wont end up miles off. remember its tiny movements only!

if you were in wexford id do this for you in 5 minutes.
BUT if you call someone out expect to pay call out fee etc.

should be in dublin on jan 13th ( my birthday) / 14th so if not sorted by then give us a shout

hmm, lee got fat towards the end of his life ( as in the See you later alligator video from the 80s) so maybe it was? I didnt see it either

Brilleau.GIF

heres them in their heyday

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-3_9UqTOmkU

loads of great clips of them on youtube
one of my all time favourite live on tv clips of any band ever. So insanely intense.

So,was it Dr Feelgood? I've not seen the documentary so I've no idea. The bald bloke bit is throwing me a little.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back