Anyone grow up on or near Francis St? (1 Viewer)

when i was a wee chisler, there was this old codger who went around with a cart picking up crap off people. (i saw a picture of thomas st taken in the 70's in the dublin tenement book and it all came flooding back. i mean, trickling back. otherwise i'd never have remembered that). there was no traffic in those days either, which is weird, bu every street corner had a deserted car park surrounded by metal thingie's ( like staples stuck in the ground) that were painted red and white. it's ghastly being "nostalgic" so young in life, but the landscape of my youth has changed so much in the last 30 years, most of it is hardly there. except meath st, which is mostly the same looking.

sure where are all the proper tramps gone -wans who carted their baggage of old overcoats around with them and had their mickey's hanging out. dem was de days jaysus

I remember the abbatoir on Pleasant Street, is that the one you mean? It wasn't a very Pleasant Street.

I remember that one, there where some derelict house beside it and there was a homeless lad called Elvis lived in them.

I used to pass by it everyday back in school, you could see piles dead sheep and cows when the Red Gates where open.

mmmmm meat

I remember that one, there where some derelict house beside it and there was a homeless lad called Elvis lived in them.

I used to pass by it everyday back in school, you could see piles dead sheep and cows when the Red Gates where open.

mmmmm meat

It's partly responsible for me becoming a veggie. A pig escaped once and ran down Synge St, it knew what was happening.

Here, how long has Frawley's been gone? Where does one go for enormous knickers in Dublin 8 now?!

Me? Lose interest in urban reminiscences? Not likely.

Unfortunately, today's duties involve some of the most tedious work known to humanity.

I'm pretty psyched about the abbatoir. Maybe I'll use some pig-squeal sound effects in the piece.

Anyone have a pig handy? Or a record made by pigs?

..Or a record made by pigs?

135059__bsm_l.jpg

what did they do together again? apart from not shutting the fuck up.

when i was a wee chisler, there was this old codger who went around with a cart picking up crap off people. (i saw a picture of thomas st taken in the 70's in the dublin tenement book and it all came flooding back. i mean, trickling back. otherwise i'd never have remembered that). there was no traffic in those days either, which is weird, bu every street corner had a deserted car park surrounded by metal thingie's ( like staples stuck in the ground) that were painted red and white. it's ghastly being "nostalgic" so young in life, but the landscape of my youth has changed so much in the last 30 years, most of it is hardly there. except meath st, which is mostly the same looking.

Was the book (or more appropriately buke) called Dublin Be Proud - a kind of Dublin's Great in '88 era photo history of Dublin. Its just insane how few cars there were.

Also there some pic of these 12 years olds sniffing glue on O'Connell Bridge! Kerrrrazy.

Times were hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back