Anyone get one of these messages? (1 Viewer)

spiritualtramp

Website
Visit site
I knew these scams were big in the UK but now they seem to be spreading over here.

There is a voice message on our landline from a posh sounding chap called Michael Fitzpatrick. Michael is the prize manager (of what he doesn't say) and he says he has been trying to contact us. He says we have won a prize! It could be a plasma tv, a laptop, a grand in cash, a hotel break, a home entertainment system or the top prize which is a sports car.

He left a premium rate phone number which I'm obviously not going to ring.

Did anyone else get one of these messages? I'm interested how prevalent this is.

Fucks sake! Some fella rang us yesterday! It was a pre-recorded message made to sound like a person actually talking to you on the phone.
He said pretty much exactly what you just said there.
Some shite about being a prize manager and how we'd won a prize.
I hung up then though after he didn't react to me screaming "COCK" down the phone.

His name was Michael something, not sure if it was Fitzpatrick though.
Yeh, he sounded mad-posh, didn't he?!

Eoddy Gorilla said:
I hung up then though after he didn't react to me screaming "COCK" down the phone.

They are recorded messages hence the lack of reaction.

Eoddy Gorilla said:
His name was Michael something, not sure if it was Fitzpatrick though.
Yeh, he sounded mad-posh, didn't he?!

Yep. And he sounded sort of surprised and apologetic as well "oh hello...I've been trying to contact you...". I think the cunts that do this make him apologetic as idiotic people will trust him. Any of the scams in the UK use the exact same tactics, apologies, megaprizes and poshness.

Yep got it yesterday in work.bizzarro
spiritualtramp said:
They are recorded messages hence the lack of reaction.

Yep. And he sounded sort of surprised and apologetic as well "oh hello...I've been trying to contact you...". I think the cunts that do this make him apologetic as idiotic people will trust him. Any of the scams in the UK use the exact same tactics, apologies, megaprizes and poshness.

Fucks sake, this better not inspire loadsa other companies to follow these tactics and start fuckin calling up people harassing em with annoying apologetic posho bastards.

Guarantee ya we'll have that crazaaaaaaay frog cunt ringin us every 10 minutes tryna sell us fucken hash-plant phone covers or somethin in a few weeks time.

'Sake.

I seem to get cold called every few days from various phone companies.

While it's obviously easiest to hang up as soon as you can, there is a certain satisfaction to be gained by engaging in this discussion:

'Did you realise that we can save you........'

'I'm sorry but my existing telephone provider won't like it if I move to yourselves'

'But we can save you €xxxxxx€xxxxxx'

'Yes, but they won't like it.'

'Who is your existing provider are you with?'

'XXXXXX. They said there would be serious implications and lots of trouble if I moved to another company'

Next say 'I'm sorry but I have a feeling that they could be bugging this call' - and then hang up.

An American lady told me I'd won a Carribbean cruise. I told her to shove it. She was totally unfazed, what a pro!

It's been bugging me all weekend!! I kept thinking to myself, who did that Michael Fitzpatrick sound like?

It has just come to me.

HE SOUNDS LIKE GREG MITCHELL!!

"Oh, hello. Greg Mitchell here. You've just won a fabulous trip to Amsterdam to see THASSSSAAANNDDDSS AND THAAAASSAAANNDS OF BLAAAADY TULIPS! OH NO MY WIFES' GONNA KILLLL MEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE'

that fucker rang me in the middle of a dump. prerecorded cunt. I'm getting an awfull lot of phone related hassle these days. If those smart telecom cunts ring me again i'm going to piss down the phone.

Theseus Mock said:
crap. he hasn't called me yet. can anyone pass along my mobile/landline to him?

isnt there some list that you can sign up to so that these type of cunts cant call you up like that? forget what its called or how to sign up though.

did anyone ever get that really annoying one where the prick rings your phone but only lets it ring for a split second, enough for you to regester a missed call, and when you ring back to see who was ringing you the prerecorded voice starts talking to you telling you shit? i got that one once and was doubly annoyed because not only was i being harrased by a tape (or digital whatever) i was also paying for it. !baggyyyy

Well, if you're being hassled by telcos & such, you can add your name to some data protection list. that way, if they do continue to call & you report them, the company in question will be fined. I assume Michael et al will be a lot harder to source.

These scams reek of voip/skype/sip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back