Anyone flying anywhere tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

I was working in a call centre. A totally dazed sounding guy calling us from heathrow said "don't you know what's happened?". I told the guys beside me who didn't believe it, not sure i did either. We dragged out the "watchin-football-on-sunday-shifts tv and there it was.
Total surreality of it being on the screen in front of us and 99% of the people calling in being totally unaware, it didn't feel right to broadcast it over the directory enquiries phone line to everyone who innocently called in.

i was in a hostel in budapest, couldn't find out what was going on all day, ended up (i shit you not) using thumped as my main source of information, cos people were posting stuff from all the news sites that were crashing.

my suspicion: doctor love is really hag.

doctor love said:
the world changed a huge amount due to carnage osama bin ladan dealt on america on this day three yers ago.
people began to reasile they weren't safe, and they were a darn sight more aware of their own mortality.

it will become our jfk story, people will ask where were you when america was attacked? and everyone will know. everyone in new york knows one of the heros who lost their freedom and life that day.

we can only pray the innocent went to heaven and the hijackers went to hell for such a horrific act.

Aw, that has a sweet ‘flowers in the attic (without the poisonous doughnuts)’ feel to it. Did you celebrate last night?

Super Dexta said:
my parents never had one, so i just never got into the habit of it. since i've left home i've lived a few places with TVs, but anytime i've lived on my own i've never had one. when i was a kid i read a million bukes and had imaginary friends instead. it's good. you get a lot more done without one.

I hear the dvd is selling well on amazon mind you. considering you're from Cork i thought you might. never mind

Super Dexta said:
my parents never had one, so i just never got into the habit of it. since i've left home i've lived a few places with TVs, but anytime i've lived on my own i've never had one. when i was a kid i read a million bukes and had imaginary friends instead. it's good. you get a lot more done without one.
props to that dexta, tv sucks. I do partake the odd time, but theres only like 1 or 2 things I watch, so I clock up about 2-3 hours a week tv action. Rots yer brain so it does.

doctor love said:
we can only pray the innocent went to heaven and the hijackers went to hell for such a horrific act.
haharotfl.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back