Anyone flying anywhere tomorrow? (1 Viewer)

doctor love said:
i don't think the firefighters who tried like heros to save who they could but ended up losing their lives and their freedom would agree with you.
A) the firefighters couldn't agree with him even if they wanted to as they are dead.

B) how did they lose their "freedom"?

doctor love said:
i think maybe you made yourself look a little foolesh, muscle beach.
at least muscle beach can spell.

nlgbbbblth said:
I was in the Queens pub in Dalkey having my lunch (around 1:50pm) where they usually had Sky News on during the day

I was late going back to work
I was in a shop queue buying fags or something after having me lunch and got a message from me brother at 13.56 saying "watch the news!" . I gave him a call and he told me a plane had crashed into the WTC. I couldn't actually remember which building that was until he said it was the big towers. so then I went back to work and sat in front of the telly feeling sick for the rest of the day, went home and sat in front of the telly. and I was off the next day so I sat in front of the telly all day again.

news_094.jpg

doctor love said:
the heros who lost their freedom and life that day.

Wavioli said:
how can I? Ive thrown it away. On a brighter note, the bag with the passport has turned up, hurrah! Thats one down, now there's the issue of freeing my bike from the railings without looking like im stealing it...

Note to self: fix that god damn hole in your pocket.
Good News: found my keys,so the prospect of being mistaken for a petty crook is lost

Bad News: I found them dangling from my opened bike lock, where my bike used to be.

:eek: :(

What ya's reckin - J rollin forum??? The Cone's V's Straights debate has been ragin down here for ages... but then it all depends on the kinda background - group therapy would lean me to straights, where as eveing loner J's gotta be biggggasss cones -
people will ask where were you when america was attacked?

my 9/11 story kinda incorporates both these aspects. I had just moved up to college that day, and was moving my stuff in to my new apartment, when my friend rang me and was like 'TURN ON THE TELLY!', having just moved into the flat thjat day, we hadnt got a telly yet, so I went down to the pub to watch it, and on the way I FOUND A QUARTER IN ME BOX OF SMOKES!! haha, Ill never forget that day. :)

ps. dr love, maybe you shouldnt take Arnold Schwatzenegger Movies that seriously, and come live in the real world like the rest of us...

i was in work, when my boss announced it to the room. we had no tellies but all started reading the skynews website. someone cracked a joke about how 'it was about time' and i just bailed in disgust. spent the next few hours crunched in front of telly, worried about an internet pal who i knew worked in the towers....

I'd planned to meet some friends who were staying near the WTC for breakfast, but was, instead, crashed out from the cumulative effects of four or five days of booze, on a couch in Jersey City. My dad rang me to see if I'd made it into the city. He's like, "Where are you!? A plane just flew into the World Trade Center."

I was like, "Yeah, thanks Dad, and I'm really hungover, so that's not as funny as you might think." And he's like, "No, I'm serious. Turn on the TV."

So I'm like, "Arg, okay, Dad," thinking it's some idiot in a Cessna.

We spent the morning watching it all from the roof of the building. Fucking weirdness, but it seemed easier to process by watching it on television, so we kept going back inside to 'see if it was real'. Could see people jumping.

A friend of mine was filming an ad for some car company (BMW, I think?), and after the planes went boom boom crash, the people he was working for still wanted to continue filming.

Amazingly, it took almost a full 24 hours before the souvenir t-shirts hit the streets.

Oh!

I was watching Kennedy being shot when I heard the news about the plane crashing into the tower.

A friend of mine told was abroad somewhere watching it on tv in a bar. When the second plane hit, an american guy sitting near him exclaimed "The idiots!!!". Turned out he thought it was a friendly plane sent to dump water on the fire that had crashed by accident.

Myself and hop took not one but two flights on Sept 11th this year. They didn't seem overly bothered about the day that was in it in London but the security was pretty crazy in Germany. Nowt happened anyway. Although I discovered that glass bottles aren't considered to be potentially sharp objects which is a bit weird.

I was in school when I heard it, and I didn't believe it. Then later I was walking down the street and someone told me. Then I believed it. Then i went and listened to the radio about it, because we didn't have a TV. To this day i have never seen the video footage of the whole thing. I feel culturally deprived.

Super Dexta said:
I was in school when I heard it, and I didn't believe it. Then later I was walking down the street and someone told me. Then I believed it. Then i went and listened to the radio about it, because we didn't have a TV. To this day i have never seen the video footage of the whole thing. I feel culturally deprived.
thats quite mad, Its been shown soo many times at this stage.

there was a band called the death ray davies staying in my apartment that morning, they knocked on my bedroom door really early to tell me to watch the tv with them........we saw the second one happening almost immediately after we turned it on. we all had family or friends in new york and tried calling/emailing etc. but all networks were down, i suppose because everyone tried calling someone at the same time. scary shit. the plane that crashed in Pennsylvania was worrying for a while because it was heading our way. we spent the entire day the same as everyone else....glued to the tv, making phone calls, bonding with strangers.....it was a really weird time.

ms.b.haven said:
why no tv? i thought it was a complusory thing to have a tv
my parents never had one, so i just never got into the habit of it. since i've left home i've lived a few places with TVs, but anytime i've lived on my own i've never had one. when i was a kid i read a million bukes and had imaginary friends instead. it's good. you get a lot more done without one.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Matana Roberts (Constellation Records) with special guest Sean Clancy
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland
Jim White & Marisa Anderson (Thrill Jockey)
Whelan's Main Room
25 Wexford St, Portobello, Dublin 2, D02 H527, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back