Anyone ever read 'Guts' by Chuck Palahniuk? (1 Viewer)

When I read it I had to put it down about 15 times and now have a fear of swimming pools!!

I had 'Guts' saved in a word document on my computer in work as I was sending it to one of my mates and forgot about it being there. Last month I was applying for a load jobs and attaching my cv from my desktop but after then 10th application I wasn't paying that much attention to what I was doing and and instead of attaching my cv, I attached the only other word document on my desktop, the aforementioned copy of 'Guts' :eek:

Needless to say I never heard back about that job :eek:

I had 'Guts' saved in a word document on my computer in work as I was sending it to one of my mates and forgot about it being there. Last month I was applying for a load jobs and attaching my cv from my desktop but after then 10th application I wasn't paying that much attention to what I was doing and and instead of attaching my cv, I attached the only other word document on my desktop, the aforementioned copy of 'Guts' :eek:

Needless to say I never heard back about that job :eek:

that is one of the most amazing things i have ever heard .|..|

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahha

Love this book.....and some of his other stuff too..Choke is great and Survivor. Thought Lullaby and Diary were a bit shit.

I just finished non-fiction found the interview kind of things a tad boring.

Only think I remember from Diary was when she shit herself. Guts is from Haunted!

"guts" was an interesting read, but the most nauseating, disturbing and unpleasant thing i have read are the writings of the anonymous "blowfly girl". it remains unknown whether or not "her" stories are real or who the author is, but for horrific intensity and attention to detail it blows palahnuik out of the water.
here it is:
http://rdk.homeip.net/blowfly_girl/default.html
i must warn you, however, this is extremely disturbing stuff. dont read it while eating if you are going to read it. you have been warned.

Prett mingin alright. Reading Rant now, which is fairly mingin and stil not that good. what scared me more was that story of his about the lad whappin the stick of wax into his urethra :eek:.

Just saw a story on Tv about a lady who fell asleep years ago wearin weird cheap contact lenses in a sunbed and they fused to her eyes and made her blind. oh. now she's crying.

"guts" was an interesting read, but the most nauseating, disturbing and unpleasant thing i have read are the writings of the anonymous "blowfly girl". it remains unknown whether or not "her" stories are real or who the author is, but for horrific intensity and attention to detail it blows palahnuik out of the water.
here it is:
http://rdk.homeip.net/blowfly_girl/default.html
i must warn you, however, this is extremely disturbing stuff. dont read it while eating if you are going to read it. you have been warned.

Is that the story about the girl who "likes" the feel of maggots? I've read that story before. Forced myself to finish it.

I think it was about 2 or 3 years since I've read it. I didn't realise it could possibly be true. It's after making my stomach turn now that I think that theres a person out there that not only wrote it, but actually did that.

*shudder*

I enjoyed them maggot stories, the explicit attention to detail is truely amazing.

I met a guy in guatemala last year who had a couple of botfly larvae feeding in his leg. there was a pretty squirmtastic tale attached to his trip to the doctor etc. doesn't compare to blowfly girl though! that can't be true... can it?

oh shit, just remember something small yet disgusting involving bluebottle larvae that happened to me when I was pretty young. one of my uncles is a farmer up the midlands. he used to have a few old school (now illegal) steel jaw rat-traps set around the place. anyway, one day we found a huge rat in one that had been there for almost a week. it was the height of summer, so it was practically boiling over with maggots. my uncle dragged the whole trap, rat and all, out into the open; threw some petrol over it and set it on fire. we stood about 6 feet away; the maggots started popping and exploding with the heat. it was around then that I remember getting a large splash of warm liquid in one of my eyes and down the side of my face...

anyway, why is this book 'guts' so disgusting? I haven't read it.

If you're into that kind of thing you should read anything by Dennis Cooper http://www.denniscooper.net .

A film of his book Frisk was made. Far as I know it's still banned here.

"the sluts" is an excellent book. it does get very gruesome in parts.
the frisk film is terrible though.

for disturbing, horrific and nauseating writing, de sade's "sodom" still holds an incredible power, not to mention a flamboyant sense of humour.

the other writer who springs to mind is peter sotos. the viewpoints of his works is totally objectionable and unpleasant: hate filled rants via complete misogyny, racism, homophobia and an obsession with the murders and sexual abuse of children. extremely hard to take, though ultimately completely numbing through its tedium.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back