Anyone ever read 'Guts' by Chuck Palahniuk? (2 Viewers)

so anyway "don't read it while eating"

no really.

I should post that dolphin sex link again

"the sluts" is an excellent book. it does get very gruesome in parts.
the frisk film is terrible though.

for disturbing, horrific and nauseating writing, de sade's "sodom" still holds an incredible power, not to mention a flamboyant sense of humour.

the other writer who springs to mind is peter sotos. the viewpoints of his works is totally objectionable and unpleasant: hate filled rants via complete misogyny, racism, homophobia and an obsession with the murders and sexual abuse of children. extremely hard to take, though ultimately completely numbing through its tedium.

Ooooo i love de Sade!! His stuff is great, and still has the power to shock. He had such a cruel sense of what was 'entertaining' and a beautiful writing style. You end up shocked that you've been entertained by some pretty base stuff! He embraces depravity with real zeal. Justine is my favourite - it's a seriously black comedy.

Ooooo i love de Sade!! His stuff is great, and still has the power to shock. He had such a cruel sense of what was 'entertaining' and a beautiful writing style. You end up shocked that you've been entertained by some pretty base stuff! He embraces depravity with real zeal. Justine is my favourite - it's a seriously black comedy.

yes, it's amazing: his stuff was written over 200 years ago, and it's still one of the most extreme forms of individual self expression. as i said, he also had a marvellous sense of humour, and - as you rightly point out - a lovely style with words. "juliette" is very much worth checking out, as it is possibly the most philosophical of his works.

yeah i saw it on the telly the other day
holy shit!! your man's deadly in it

darren - what's the definition of agony?
is it falling off a cliff and landing on a bike
with no saddle?

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back