Anyone else a Carry on fan? (1 Viewer)

Kermit McDermott

I have to admit I love the Carry on films, mainly the colour ones. I've barely watched the black & white ones. 1964- 1974 is the golden age for me. (not including follow that camel, utter shite.

1. Carry on Sergeant (1958)
2. Carry on Nurse (1959)
3. Carry on Teacher (1959)
4. Carry on Constable (1960)
5. Carry on Regardless (1961)
6. Carry on Cruising (1962) I think this is the first colour one. Not great
7. Carry on Cabby (1963)
8. Carry on Jack (1963) Nelson's navy era. Pretty good. It's got Bernard Cribbins in it.
9. Carry on Spying (1964)
10. Carry on Cleo (1964) The first really good one, I think. Kenneth Williams steals it.
11. Carry on Cowboy (1965) Not mad this one. It's okay.
12. Carry on Screaming (1966) Good idea, but patchy. No Sid James. Not a good sign.
13. Carry on Don’t Lose your Head (1966) The French revolution. Pretty good
14. Carry on Follow that Camel (1967) Total crap, bad even by carry on standards
15. Carry on Doctor (1967) Love this. Williams is out to get Jim Dale sacked. Sid spends most the film in Bed. He'd had a heart attack
16. Carry on up the Khyber (1968) Last days of the Raj Another really good one. Charles hawtrey is great as Private Widdle.
17. Carry on Camping (1969) The crown jewels of the Carry on series.
18. Carry on Again Doctor (1969) Jim Dale aka Doctor Nookie discovers a miracle weight loss potion. Classic. Valerie Leon as his secretary... wow.
19. Carry on up the Jungle (1970) Tarzan time. Frankie Howerd's great. Love Charles Hawtrey's first scene.
20. Carry on Loving (1970) The dating agency. I really like this. Again Sid steals the show. Imogine Hassall looking hot as Jenny Grub. She committed suicide 10 years later.
21. Carry on Henry (1971) Another Sid tour de force. Williams is good as well.
22. Carry on at your Convenience (1971) Strike in the toilet factory. Another favourite. Ken Cope & Bernard Bresslaw are excellent together.
23. Carry on Matron (1972) Kenneth Cope as a cross dressing nurse. Its a good one.
24. Carry on Abroad (1972) The package holiday. Charles Hawtrey's last, sacked for being an alco. Carol Hawkins & Sally Geeson looking great. That tour guide as well. Mmmmm.
25. Carry on Girls (1973) The beauty contest. I really like this one. Kenneth Connor is great as the mayor with Patsy Rowlands as his lazy wife. Margaret Nolan... what a woman.
26. Carry on Dick (1974) Dick Turpin. One of my favourites. Kenneth Williams & Jack Douglas are great. "Dandy Desmond, wanted in 6 counties. With a name like that they'll be wondering what for."
27. Carry on Behind (1975) Not the worst, I do enjoy this one. Windsor Davies is good. The last of the real carry on's.
28. Carry on England (1976) This is really bad. Windsor Davies is great as the drill sergeant but the young cast are annoying. I kind of felt sorry for Joan Sims.
29. That’s Carry On! (1977) Compilation
30. Carry on Emmanuelle (1978) Does not feel like a Carry on at all. What's left of the old cast members are reduced to living in the basement. Terrible.
31. Carry on Columbus (1992) It's just not a Carry on film....fuck off

The Top Ten

1 Carry on Camping (1969)
2 Carry on Dick (1974)
3 Carry on Girls (1973)
4 Carry on Again Doctor (1969)
5 Carry on Loving (1970)
6 Carry on Doctor (1967)
7 Carry on up the Khyber (1968)
8 Carry on at your Convenience (1971)
9 Carry on Abroad (1972)
10 Carry on Matron (1972)

I love on the buses as well, especially Blakey. I watched a few episodes of the spin off, don't drink the water on youtube. Pretty Bad.

I love on the buses as well, especially Blakey. I watched a few episodes of the spin off, don't drink the water on youtube. Pretty Bad.

Just finished watching both series of Don't Drink The Water. Derek Griffiths was good in it. Blakey and Olive are the only two surviving cast members left from On The Buses.

LOve - I have that complete VHS Boxed set...Sid James is a hero.
Liked Confessions alot too - On the Buses is so strange, there is so much wrong about them. (I am only really familiar with the films and not the TV show).
Love Thy Neighbour is also very interesting too. Never heard of Don't Drink The Water.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back