ANTIMASTER to tour with JESUS BRUISER? (3 Viewers)

Jesus Bruiser

Ay up,

I've been discussing getting ANTIMASTER (thundering down-tuned Mexico City d-beat) over to start their European tour early with an England/Scotland/Ireland jaunt.

It's not confirmed yet, they're having a band meeting to discuss it soon, but they're keen to make it work and I want to start putting word out now... They would be travelling with us (JESUS BRUISER, anarcho-crust from Bristol, see http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=72208) although probably not in the same vehicle (unless anyone out there has a minibus they can take us in!). Obviously this would raise the expenses for promoters, but if they're anything like as popular in Ireland as they are here then that should more than make up for it.

I'll post the latest news soon on it anyway, but check them out if you haven't already and get in touch if you live in Dublin and can help with the Sunday date (9th August), the only one not confirmed yet - info (at) jesusbruiser.co.uk

Thanks,

Badger
A//E

Ay up,

I've been discussing getting ANTIMASTER (thundering down-tuned Mexico City d-beat) over to start their European tour early with an England/Scotland/Ireland jaunt.

It's not confirmed yet, they're having a band meeting to discuss it soon, but they're keen to make it work and I want to start putting word out now... They would be travelling with us (JESUS BRUISER, anarcho-crust from Bristol, see http://www.thumped.com/bbs/showthread.php?t=72208) although probably not in the same vehicle (unless anyone out there has a minibus they can take us in!). Obviously this would raise the expenses for promoters, but if they're anything like as popular in Ireland as they are here then that should more than make up for it.

I'll post the latest news soon on it anyway, but check them out if you haven't already and get in touch if you live in Dublin and can help with the Sunday date (9th August), the only one not confirmed yet - info (at) jesusbruiser.co.uk

Thanks,

Badger
A//E

Not sure if you are thinking about bringing them to Galway with ye on Aug 7th but I have 4 bands on that bill already and there won't be much cash.

I'll see them tomorrow and ask them, they rehearse near me gaff. Not much sense in having two touring bands on the one bill though, and those lads don't have any spare money at all, they've been saving for months to do this tour.

how?? surely they will still give you the best money they can and you'll just have to split it with the extra band your bringing.

I mean that unless we can find something with 9 seats (!) not including driver, we would be in seperate vehicles therefore needing to spend more money on fuel and vehicle hire, therefore higher expenses.

I'll see them tomorrow and ask them, they rehearse near me gaff. Not much sense in having two touring bands on the one bill though, and those lads don't have any spare money at all, they've been saving for months to do this tour.

We would probably we willing to let the majority of the cash go to ANITMASTER as we were prepared for the possibility of a loss on this tour anyway, and going with ANITMASTER would be a dream as we'd fucking love to do more gigs with them and I suspect bring a lot more people through the door(s). But yeah, like I said nothing is confirmed yet for them; they've said they're discussing it at practice and will let me know what they think (or if any of you hear back first then stick up a post!) - the only way they could start their tour early is if they got 14 extra dates leading them to their first planned one in Barcelona. I'm contacting people in England, Scotland and France to see if they can help, but they'd mentioned wanting to visit Ireland as they'd been speaking to people about coming over and it would be at exactly the same time I'm booking our JESUS BRUISER tour, so it would seem logical to combine them?

ta,
Badger
A//E

I mean that unless we can find something with 9 seats (!) not including driver, we would be in seperate vehicles therefore needing to spend more money on fuel and vehicle hire, therefore higher expenses.

ta,
Badger
A//E

ah yeah i understand that part....it was how this means higher expenses for the promoters i didn't get.

"" Obviously this would raise the expenses for promoters,""

they will still only be able to give you the same money as when it was just your band.(the extra band won't pull that many extra bodies/cash in ireland)
if you decide to bring an extra band with ye they can't be expected to find extra cash out of nowhere...my point was simply it will be extra expense for you not them.

if you decide to bring an extra band with ye they can't be expected to find extra cash out of nowhere...my point was simply it will be extra expense for you not them.

for sure, that was just poorly worded on my behalf, I didn't mean that we were expecting promoters to pull extra money out of their arse, just being honest about what it could be costing us (not them) when talking to promoters.

the extra band won't pull that many extra bodies/cash in ireland

OK, if that's what people think then maybe it isn't such a good idea... they're a very popular band over here and I think that in England/Scotland people would travel to their gigs from out of town more so than anyone would for an 'unknown' band (i.e us).

We'll discuss it at our band practice tonight, and wait to hear back from Mexico. We could always try to keep their dates in England/Scotland/France or have ANTIMASTER in Ireland on different days, it's just that JESUS BRUISER have been planning our Ireland tour for a long time and I guess having them tour so close to us would completely sink us if we didn't join forces! But I'd really like to make their tour reach UK and Eire as so many amazing bands skip playing here... Fuck knows, time will tell eh!

Badger
A//E

for sure, that was just poorly worded on my behalf,

i thought that was the case just pointing it out really.

OK, if that's what people think then maybe it isn't such a good idea... they're a very popular band over here and I think that in England/Scotland people would travel to their gigs from out of town more so than anyone would for an 'unknown' band (i.e us).

We'll discuss it at our band practice tonight, and wait to hear back from Mexico. We could always try to keep their dates in England/Scotland/France or have ANTIMASTER in Ireland on different days, it's just that JESUS BRUISER have been planning our Ireland tour for a long time and I guess having them tour so close to us would completely sink us if we didn't join forces! But I'd really like to make their tour reach UK and Eire as so many amazing bands skip playing here... Fuck knows, time will tell eh!

Badger
A//E

i could be wrong ,but the scene in ireland isn't really that big and most people don't travel from town to town unless its a really big say subhumans band or if theres a fest all day jobby....i might be wrong.

i hope they/you make it just want ye to be aware of what its like over here.
is the dublin people ye met that mentioned a house gig for the sunday connected to divisions ruin???

i could be wrong ,but the scene in ireland isn't really that big and most people don't travel from town to town unless its a really big say subhumans band or if theres a fest all day jobby....i might be wrong.

There are a lot of bands from outside of Ireland that have that misconception about here.. People simply don't travel to gigs outside of their own town (myself included) bar the odd few heads as it's just so difficult to with expensive/long bus journeys and not everyone having a car like in the States etc..

There are a lot of bands from outside of Ireland that have that misconception about here.. People simply don't travel to gigs outside of their own town (myself included) bar the odd few heads as it's just so difficult to with expensive/long bus journeys and not everyone having a car like in the States etc..

I think what you mean is that there's a lot of bands reckon they can go to Ireland cause it's cool and they will have everything paid for them and not lose any money at all. Only happens sometimes.

I think what you mean is that there's a lot of bands reckon they can go to Ireland cause it's cool and they will have everything paid for them and not lose any money at all. Only happens sometimes.

The image that Ireland is a really nice place to play some shows and meet some new people when in fact some bands will be lucky to have 20 people stare only half interested at them for 30 minutes while the band plays over a shit PA system so the 2 people that are actually into the band can't hear and thing and get embarrassed when they try to dance/mosh.

Someone remind me again why I put on gigs?

The image that Ireland is a really nice place to play some shows and meet some new people when in fact some bands will be lucky to have 20 people stare only half interested at them for 30 minutes while the band plays over a shit PA system so the 2 people that are actually into the band can't hear and thing and get embarrassed when they try to dance/mosh.

Someone remind me again why I put on gigs?

because two people like the band!

in my experience ireland is actually one of the best places to play....esp money wise.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back