Animal Collective (1 Viewer)

Great concert last night, it was like aliens had broken dance music and tried to put it back together. The extended Brother Sport freakout was the highlight for me.

Great concert last night, it was like aliens had broken dance music and tried to put it back together. The extended Brother Sport freakout was the highlight for me.

Yes. Probably the best freakout I've heard!!!

I thought the hyper-slow motion version of Daily Routine was excellent two, and the great big shuddering version of Guys Eyes.

Sweet.

Reports are surfacing that shops in the States are reporting the MPP vinyl to be deleted and so out of print already.. No idea if that has any affect to yous finding it on Dublin.. Domino are printing up another 5,500 seemingly..

While I love the new record, I'm a little confused as to why they were so concerned about it leaking. I'd say I heard a good two thirds of the album 18 months ago.

I think Animal Collective might rival TMBG for the most annoying band ever. I'm really trying but I just can't get into them. I can't.

I don't get them either. Just sounds like really twee Flaming Lips but with crap trance synth sounds :)

I don't like the Flaming Lips either.

Count On Me, I'm The Number 2
is my fave

I love the moneky

Oh yeah .. it's the best song Elton John hasn't written in the last 30 years.

I think the dozen crazy monkeys one is my favourite.

I've had this thing with the last two AC records being the new one where I get it and I think "this is alright".
Then the second time I hear it I think "wow oh wow".
Then I listen to it every day for a month and then I leave it and listen back to it and can't stand most of the songs.

And I think with the new album, having heard a lot of the songs live with decent youtube videos well over a year ago, it's kind of hard to be surprised and get the wow factor with it again. They are nice songs though.

I listened to Here Comes The Indian the other day and I think a lot of the stuff after that is just cleaner more accessible ideas from Here Comes The Indian. Not that that's a bad thing, that's just how I hear it.

Anyway this is better than the record version I reckon:
http://ie.youtube.com/watch?v=wEIhXPK0TSM

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back