Angels Of Light (1 Viewer)

but i was also a bit disappointed with the last akron/family one...

Really?!
Love Is Simple?
I think it's amazing.
Much better than Meek Warrior.

S/T is still the best though, closely followed by that Angels of Light split.

Really?!
Love Is Simple?
I think it's amazing.
Much better than Meek Warrior.

S/T is still the best though, closely followed by that Angels of Light split.

Yeah, Love Is Simple. I must give it more time, but I wasn't that into it. Some tracks really didn't do it for me at all.

Some more info from Mr. Gira himself. Looks like swans are not dead afterall

http://younggodrecords.com/News/Detail/?C=2218

"...Anyway, once I’ve sold enough copies of the above hand made CD/DVD, I’ll commence making a new studio album. Since some of the songs really lend themselves (or how I view the songs ultimately being arranged, that is) to a (latter period) Swans-like treatment, I am considering the idea of calling the next record a Swans album, or at least some sort of hybrid between Swans and Angels of Light. It might even be like this: Swans/Angels of Light, not sure yet. Then I got to thinking that if this happens, I will probably put together a Swans/Angels Of Light tour. I am even threatening to play some older Swans material as well as Angels material on the tour. We’ll see. I haven’t even contacted the appropriate suspects/musicians/victims yet to contribute. It will NOT be Swans “reuniting” or any crap like that – more carrying forward with the thread from Swans’ Soundtracks For The Blind / Swans Are Dead period, and incorporating what I’ve learned from, and the sensibility of, Angels Of Light as well. But surely, in any event, I am anxious to feel the force of sound abuse/pass through my body again."

Alan, I saw an amazing show in Kansas City a few years ago... it was held in a Chinese restaurant... really perfect venue for Angels of Light.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back