And another list begins... (1 Viewer)

Stone Temple Pilots, SFX '94.
first time i ever got drunk too.
i remember the whole thing as brilliant.

last gig was Television on saturday.
i was really disappointed.
so much poorer than 2001, when they were absolutely fuckin brilliant.
when they broke down the songs + started gettin all bluesy, it had a tendency to get quite, ahem, shite.
although i hate saying that.

and, c'mon....covering Wild Thing.
badly, i might add.
unforgivable.

That would be either Dickie Rock at the Gaiety Theatre or Shakin' Stevens in the National Stadium. Probably the Cabra lad now that I think of it - the interweb confirms that Shaky played Dublin on his Spring '81 tour.

First metal gig was Megadeth in the Olympic Ballroom - 10th May 1988, first punk/hardcore gig was Ripcord in McGonagles around the same time... but it's probably too late to save my reputation now, isn't it?

I'll get me coat.

http://website.lineone.net/~shakin_stevens/concerts/1981UKspringTour.html
THE BAND

Mickey Gee - lead guitar

Roger McKew - rhythm & lead guitar

Geraint Watkins - piano

Dick Bland - bass guitar

Howard Tibble - drums

First - some godawful English indie band, I think it may have been The Family Cat, in the New Cross Venue in London, summer '92.
Most recent - Ben Folds, Enmore Theatre, Sydney. Bliss.

Oh dear....mine was ahem..the Cure, in the RDS in 89, with oh god...All About Eve supporting.

My 2nd was the Pixies and the Pale Saints in the Stadium in 1990 I think.

Originally posted by kirstie
Oh dear....mine was ahem..the Cure, in the RDS in 89, with oh god...All About Eve supporting.

He he, I was at that too, at the height of my dodgy Gothness, just back from London and feeling mightily surperior in my London Goth clobber. I thought All About Eve rocked and I wanted to shag Tim Bricheno.

Oh dearie, dearie, dearie me.

i saw the cure once and it was one of the worst gigs ever. real by the numbers stuff.

teh cranes were supporting, i fink.

first gig: the cult in the point wiv me sister, i was a measly 15, she was a twat
2nd gig: feile 91 De la soul were bleedin brill
Last gig: I dunno, the last one I played in 'spose

Originally posted by Lolo

He he, I was at that too, at the height of my dodgy Gothness, just back from London and feeling mightily surperior in my London Goth clobber. I thought All About Eve rocked and I wanted to shag Tim Bricheno.

Oh dearie, dearie, dearie me.

I had a great night there. Shelleyan Orphan rocked and we got to see AAE's Julianne Regan's see-through dress.

Three hours of The Cure. And "Faith" went on for ages.

Fucking magic

Originally posted by nlgbbbblth

I had a great night there. Shelleyan Orphan rocked and we got to see AAE's Julianne Regan's see-through dress.

Three hours of The Cure. And "Faith" went on for ages.

Fucking magic

S'true, I loooooved that gig...
I came up from Cork espically and stayed wiv me grannie. Had to keep the eyeliner well hidden mind...
I even got a grand long snog from a cute little goth chick who's name escapes me (wonder what shes at today, prolly in IT)
I stll have my giant Disintigration that I bought outside (it will be framed over the mantel)
And I still have my Lullaby T shirt that i got at the gig (complete with cut off sleeves)

I'm going to listen to Disintegration right NOW...

Word to the wise, anywone who chose to ignore Bloodflowers....BUY IT, its amazing

first 'proper' gig (real live american males playing to lots of people who were paying for the privilege- and one girl): smashing pumpkins in the sfx; the night with ash supporting. then my second gig was the next day with the soundgarden sunstroke thing (yes, soundgarden were astonishingly shite). also went to see the pumpkins in the point a couple of years later, someone got killed, and i remember it being a worse crowd crush at soungarden.

unless you count christy moore when i was about twelve.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back