Anarchist pieces on border issues or the Troubles in the North? (4 Viewers)

how about forming your own ideas, instead of trying to condense and regurgitate other peoples'?

This is fucking embarrassing hippy bollox.

'If you want to portray yourself as an expert on a subject, you've got to read all sorts of shit and understand it well enough to condense the main arguments/points/facts without resorting to name-dropping authors, articles and books as 'proof' of your argument. Of course you can offer reading suggestions if asked'

This is fair enough but this is eirecore so its essentially a gutteral version of debate where you can resort to anything. I've seen people argue on forums with footnotes and references, thats a bit more intense.

Yeh, Omagh was a blast. Well meaning republicans some of them though, just kinda disconnected from the material conditions and lack of support for continuing the war.

They're gonna be big in 2008 though...

I strongly believe , without a shed of real evidence, that Omagh was allowed to happen by the authorities, so there could be no real discussion on the good friday agreement, which is precisely what happened.
As for RIRA or Óglaigh na hÉireann as they refer to themselves as recently gave an interview to a northern Journilist, where they claimed they had no interest in equality or civil rights, just brits out :rolleyes: says it all really, I will see If I can find the article later.

This is fair enough but this is eirecore so its essentially a gutteral version of debate where you can resort to anything. I've seen people argue on forums with footnotes and references, thats a bit more intense.
I was offering lessons on how politico nerds should conduct themselves in both real life AND the internerd..
Any deviation from the position I just set out will be met with expulsion and ex-communication from my clique.

Footnotes and references?
On a forum?
That's mental.

I strongly believe , without a shed of real evidence, that Omagh was allowed to happen by the authorities, so there could be no real discussion on the good friday agreement, which is precisely what happened.

Nothing about the bombing really makes sense. The RIRA were deffo infiltrated to the highest levels, they said recently they didnt do it though.

My ma says the same as you more or less.

AFAIK there's compelling evidence that the Gardai and RUC both knew the plans for Omagh. Wasn't there talk of some of the victims families suing the authorities at one point?

Just to put it out there: the Gardai in Donegal seem to have a plentiful supply of explosive materials themselves judging by recent tribunals.

Omagh was fucked up (goes without saying), if the arseholes had called in the warning properly it would have been like the RIRA bomb that went off in Banbridge around the same time, a nuisance not a massacre.

Anyway, the best book on the troubles is Lost Lives, read that and you'd never be a physical force republican again. I think it should be required reading on the Leaving Cert.

Omagh was fucked up (goes without saying), if the arseholes had called in the warning properly it would have been like the RIRA bomb that went off in Banbridge around the same time, a nuisance not a massacre.

Anyway, the best book on the troubles is Lost Lives, read that and you'd never be a physical force republican again. I think it should be required reading on the Leaving Cert.

Do you have this for lends?

You're all british agents and should be shot.

/end.

quote]

the ruc???? the british government??? manipulating events in northern ireland and making use of paramilitaries to fit their own agenda??? souns a bit far fetched. nah actually sounds about bang on

whoever said if they had rang the bomb scare in properly, i suppose that would have helped but maybe not leaving a giant bomb in a crowded shopping street at all might have helped a bit more??

wooly faced shiterats

whoever said if they had rang the bomb scare in properly, i suppose that would have helped but maybe not leaving a giant bomb in a crowded shopping street at all might have helped a bit more??

wooly faced shiterats

I know, I know. My point was more meant to be about the idea of the SSRUC or the Gardaí knowing about it. It wouldn't have been a big deal if the place had been evacuated properly. That's all I meant. I'm not blaming the victims or any shit like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back