Anarchist pieces on border issues or the Troubles in the North? (3 Viewers)

It's not a paper I'm doing as I'm working in the history department here til June and the professor I'm helping is actively researching things for two books he's writing (one on prisoners in the North, the other on the Border Campaign). I ask for any anarchist material because he has tonnes of material from the Republican side of things. He himself is a Republican but tries to not allow any personal subjectiveness get in the way. In his last book on the North the sources and notes section was 1/2 the actual text itself. I'm just interested in the opinions of any anarchists (groups, individuals etc) that have pieces and articles on it.

And I know that the point has been made already but I'm actively looking for the biased accounts. Get another side of things etc..

Shorty, they are two of the worst pieces produced on the situation in the north by 'anarchists'. The first is a critique of an interim position paper without even articulating a position anarchists ought to take and subversion were just shite. (Our current position - http://www.wsm.ie/story/804)

That was kindof my point. I could have linked to one of the numerous libcom WSM national liberation threads instead, you know, for the laugh. :rolleyes:

To be honest I'm not really that interested in or knowledgable of nationalism, Irish nationalism or anarchists discussions,interpretations or opinons of them, so I'll stay out of this thread.

I'd suggest just getting some of the WSM pamphlets on the subject if you're really interested, I'd say the platformist position of critical support without cheerleading national liberation or having a knee-jerk reaction to non-purist struggles is the best.

You would say that though, wouldn't you. ;) :p

To be honest I'm not really that interested in or knowledgable of nationalism, Irish nationalism or anarchists discussions,interpretations or opinons of them, so I'll stay out of this thread.

You should be interested in it, its fucking amazing.

If I really wanted to name drop I'd post my picture of me with the chief of staff of the continuity IRA shaking hands

..|..|

the real ira are the best, RIRA, what a name. [SIZE=-1]rírá agus ruaille buaille ar son na h-eireann!
[/SIZE]

the real ira are the best

Yeh, Omagh was a blast. Well meaning republicans some of them though, just kinda disconnected from the material conditions and lack of support for continuing the war.

They're gonna be big in 2008 though...

a mate of mine who spent time in different anarchist groups in london in the 80s told me that they had two positions on the north.

1) if you are talking to a brit you defend the peoples right to forcefully eject an occupying force by any means nessassary.

2) if your talking to an Irish person you maintain that republicanism and nationalism are regressive ideologies which devide the working class.

perhaps this is all you need to know.
This is brilliant!
Two conflicting positions are needed in order to appear correct, even though, deep down, they haven't a clue where to actually stand.
Who said anarchists weren't politicians?

Here, I figured out what I;ve been trying to say. 'You've got to reads all sorts of shit.'

Yeah, but we're not supposed to reference them, the fact that we've read them or mention the authors' names and then condense them all into 3 clear and concise sentences? :p

Yeah, but we're not supposed to reference them, the fact that we've read them or mention the authors' names and then condense them all into 3 clear and concise sentences? :p

If you can't condense a weighty academic tome into a haiku you're obviously a poser.

[SIZE=-1]F. Nietzsche
Also Sprach Zarathustra:
Kindness is weakness! Abhor pity, worship strength! Be an uber-jerk![/SIZE]

It's a nice corner I've painted myself into!
Here's an addendum.

'If you want to portray yourself as an expert on a subject, you've got to read all sorts of shit and understand it well enough to condense the main arguments/points/facts without resorting to name-dropping authors, articles and books as 'proof' of your argument. Of course you can offer reading suggestions if asked'

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back