Anarchism (3 Viewers)

Someday you'll have a job and then you can think back and say 'wow - weeler and shorty were right'. Don't worry about it.

Moose this kind of reactionary crap isnt needed - reading shit is rubbish and rubbish isnt cool. Punk is cool.
yes, reading shit is rubbish. i hate books. down with learning.
maybe you could blame my scientific training for the fact that i can recognise ill-founded bullshit when i read it.

Can you stop mentioning the name of where I work Oly? Its not really on.
Hold your horses, Bruce Wayne.
They won't mind knowing you believe in the formula: work is inherently boring, thus smash the system.
It's not like you're deep undercover, you've got a picture of yourself masked up on your profile!
Batman%20Kiss.jpg

Catch 22 for the social revolutionary:
Work is boring.

I know this is meant ot be an ironic witticism, but that is actually the point and the fundamentals of it. !bing :p The catch 22. That's what was the mind game and what made you think in Heller's novel and ...

Someday you'll have a job and then you can think back and say 'wow - weeler and shorty were right'. Don't worry about it.
hey, i wonder if that thread of you slagging off niamh for having two jobs is still up somewhere. wouldn't it be a hoot to read back on that one.

yes, reading shit is rubbish. i hate books. down with learning.
maybe you could blame my scientific training for the fact that i can recognise ill-founded bullshit when i read it.

How is it ill-founded? You haven't really explained it. Maybe you can explain it in scientific terms, with graphs. There always good.

I know this is meant ot be an ironic witticism, but that is actually the point and the fundamentals of it. !bing :p The catch 22. That's what was the mind game and what made you think in Heller's novel and ...

The entire marxist concept of alienation, how did he miss that?

hey, i wonder if that thread of you slagging off niamh for having two jobs is still up somewhere. wouldn't it be a hoot to read back on that one.

1. Find it, I doubt it happened.
2. Even if I did people can change their positions as their ideas develop, its recommended.

I know this is meant ot be an ironic witticism, but that is actually the point and the fundamentals of it.
Surely the answer to that is 'find what you enjoy doing'.
If the author put as much effort into typing up a list of jobs that might make them happy then maybe we'd be writing on a different thread, completely oblivious that someone, somewhere felt content.
!cheezy

Yeah it would be, if I remember correctly your brother was also one of the people arguing a similar line but I'm pretty sure his viewpoints have also changed since then.

Actually, "A boss is a boss is a boss" from the last BTHTFTPF is probably a much better piece in the context of this argument than "Abolishing Restaurants" (which isn't that great anyway but might be useful to some people. I'm not one of them. :p ).

Surely the answer to that is 'find what you enjoy doing'.
If the author put as much effort into typing up a list of jobs that might make them happy then maybe we'd be writing on a different thread, completely oblivious that someone, somewhere felt content.

But the point is that all labour is alienated as we have no control over what we produce. Even if you find a job you like you're still producing a surplus value and never receive the full value of your efforts.

The notion that you can simply just work the job you want is bourgeois nonsense anyway, most people end up in careers which have no connection to their actual aspirations and even more are bound by social circumstances from ever being able to work in anything other than menial jobs.

1. Find it, I doubt it happened.
buh? what do you mean, you doubt it happened? which part of it don't you remember? your arrogance, or the bullying gang-attack approach of eirecore's assembled anarchists to letting niamh know what a pathetic wage-slave she was? her hairstyle was attacked at one point, if i remember rightly.
2. Even if I did people can change their positions as their ideas develop, its recommended.
yeah...funny thing is....i thought you had. cf. 'sub late-90s-weeler' wisecrack.

Well I liked the article, it explains the history of the restaurant, how they were developed and uses them as a simple example of capitalism. Once you get past the silly quotes at the start that Nooly is taking the piss out of that is. It could also used as a basic guide to starting your own restaurant.

The name of the restaurant was pretty clever I thought too. :)

But the point is that all labour is alienated as we have no control over what we produce. Even if you find a job you like you're still producing a surplus value and never receive the full value of your efforts.
Does the fact that you don't 'own' the words you write for your job (thereby not receiving the full value of your efforts) annoy you? Does the fact that your output is abstract and intangiable not make you bourgeois?

The notion that you can simply just work the job you want is bourgeois nonsense anyway, most people end up in careers which have no connection to their actual aspirations and even more are bound by social circumstances from ever being able to work in anything other than menial jobs.
I get your point. Why bother trying to find a job you enjoy if the system is just going to crush you down based on your social circumstances. Good argument.

Yeah it would be, if I remember correctly your brother was also one of the people arguing a similar line but I'm pretty sure his viewpoints have also changed since then.
yeah, and if he started mouthing off that i need to have a meaningless job to be qualified to comment on people who whinge about working boring jobs, i'd remind him of that thread too. however, cormy is one person who seems to have genuinely grown out of crimethinc.
i work at what i'm into - geology. it doesn't come with a ready-made self-pity matrix for feeling wretched and oppressed, but i like it. i'd rather be writing articles about my work than about how much i hate my work. radical, eh?

Does the fact that you don't 'own' the words you write for your job (thereby not receiving the full value of your efforts) annoy you? Does the fact that your output is abstract and intangiable not make you bourgeois?

Not at all. Owning the means of production and living from extracting surplus value from workers would make me part of the bourgeoisie or depending on the situation the petty-bourgeoisie. I dont do this. Most labour these days is abstract, do a quick search for 'creative class' or 'immaterial labour' if you want to find out about it.

I get your point. Why bother trying to find a job you enjoy if the system is just going to crush you down based on your social circumstances. Good argument.

Not my point at all, I was saying there is no such thing as social mobility you can't just do what you want. The choices of what to do in life are relatively narrow and determined by material conditions.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back