Anarchism (1 Viewer)

what a load of piss. someone who thinks that a six-hour shift in a coffee bar is 'intense work' reckons they're qualified to preach about the worldwide exploitation of the working classes. outstanding.

Anybody who thinks 'abolish restaurants' is about abolishing restaurants is an illiterate moron.

oh dear. i better spend the rest of the night studying whinge.prole.org's manifestos to inform myself, i guess. i wouldn't want to be thought a fool.

Did you read beyond the title of the piece?
yeah, that's why i referred to specific points of the article when i brought it up. it might allegedly have higher intentions beyond the limits of the specific example chosen to illustrate its points. my observation is just that the choice of example is pretty telling.
next week: 'abolish my back-breaking stints behind the union bar in between feminist literature lectures'.

yeah, that's why i referred to specific points of the article when i brought it up. it might allegedly have higher intentions beyond the limits of the specific example chosen to illustrate its points. my observation is just that the choice of example is pretty telling.
next week: 'abolish my back-breaking stints behind the union bar in between feminist literature lectures'.

Your criticisms were entirely shallow and based upon a sub-strangeguy characterisation of the author as a lazy teenge punk rather than actually addressing what you thought was wrong with the piece. A page ago you thought he actually wanted to abolish restaurants, something it would be impossible to think had you actually read the piece.

The artwork in the full piece is absolutely amazing, I assume he is a graphic designer.
http://www.prole.info/ar/index.html

Your criticisms were entirely shallow and based upon a sub-strangeguy characterisation of the author as a lazy teenge punk rather than actually addressing what you thought was wrong with the piece. A page ago you thought he actually wanted to abolish restaurants, something it would be impossible to think had you actually read the piece.

The artwork in the full piece is absolutely amazing, I assume he is a graphic designer.
your replies are entirely shallow and based upon a sub late-90s-weeler characterisation of that kind of politico bullshit as relevant. maybe he should stick to graphic design.

Ah, you're fucked now Nooly!
The Southside People has made Weeler capable of something you could never do - independent critical thought.
Maybe he didn't notice the title of the piece though.

ar_1.jpg

I love the way he/she links all the worlds problems to working for a short stint in a restaurant. I haven't read the whole thing but these are defintly my two favourite parts so far:

Eh, not exactly, it's not the most well written piece in the world but it is an attempt to explain in somewhat grounded terms capitalism as a social relationship, not just as the physical entities of banks, shops, restaurants, etc. Restaurant and cafe work (like most wage labour) for anyone who has done it is quite tiresome and monotonous.

Catch 22 for the social revolutionary:
Work is boring.

Catch 22 for the article's author:
Restaurants based on social equality make boring food.

CLASSY RESTAURANTS WITH PRETENTIOUS BOTTLES OF WINE MAKE FOR THE BEST DINING EXPERIENCES.
FACT.

ye really should read past the first few pages
(there's even tits on page 7)

"there's no such thing as a free lunch"

ye really should read past the first few pages
(there's even tits on page 7)

Moose this kind of reactionary crap isnt needed - reading shit is rubbish and rubbish isnt cool. Punk is cool.

Thats the point of the piece, abolition of alienated labour. That is the starting point of the critique of capitalism.
In order to achieve anything worthwhile, someone, somewhere will be exposed to something boring.
What's the place's position on unavoidable daily boredom?
Doing the crossword? Reading the funnies?

In order to achieve anything worthwhile, someone, somewhere will be exposed to something boring.
What's the place's position on unavoidable daily boredom?
Doing the crossword? Reading the funnies?

Can you stop mentioning the name of where I work Oly? Its not really on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back