An Post tracking/customs questions (4 Viewers)

That blows since I was the one who told you to do it. Shit. I brought everything over on the plane with me over 2 trips. If I have to move back I won't even bother. I'll leave everything behind. Surely you can explain this some how and show you're just married and himself is relocating. No? Sorry. :(

Not your fault Jill. I'm the one who underestimated just how shit things can be here sometimes. Even if we do end up paying the duty it will still work out cheaper than any of the other shipping options. Anyway, if there is anyone to be blamed here it's Mr Squiggle for insisting on bringing his insanely big iMac over here :)

I believe proof of residence in the United States for a prolonged period before the shipping and proof of residence here might cut it.
This is just what I've heard though and from someone who did it some years back.

Knowing those pricks, I would say you will have to pay the duty first and claim it later.

Good luck.

We have all the documents, but nobody asked us for them. You're probably right that we'll have to pay them and claim it back. Bastards.

7 years ago I shipped 5 pallets, about 60 boxes from L.A. Even had full boxes of wine and tequila.
Didn't pay a penny in duty/customs charges. Don't know why, though. Sorry, that's no help.

I just bought a pair of rollerblades from Ireland. should i be worried about it getting stopped in customs and paying more money? I have already paid alot for shipping...

edit: i think its just standard mail, not ups or fedex.

hi al, can any1 tell me how long do parcels sit in portlaise sds for b4 being sorted? i am waiting for a parcel an and this is the tracking:- 2012-08-31 15:58:00 CANGNAN Posting
2012-08-31 16:27:00 CANGNAN Despatch from Sorting Center
2012-08-31 19:57:23 WENZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center
2012-08-31 20:02:00 WENZHOU Arrival at Sorting Center
2012-09-01 17:10:22 SHANGHAI Arrival at Sorting Center
2012-09-01 19:23:57 SHANGHAI Despatch from Sorting Center
2012-09-09 13:14:00 IRELAND P'LAOISE SDS Arrival at Sorting Center .... surley it shudnt take this long??? yhanx

Okay, so I've just ordered a bunch of gap stuff that has been delivered here in the US

Do I need to de-tag it and whatnot before sending it to Ireland?

Or will it count as a gift as I'm resending it on?

Answers in the form of an internet post on this thread.

Put it in a new box or wrap the box in brown paper and label it as gift. Otherwise they might get stuck with VAT even if marked as gift. I've got stung a few times because of the original packaging. Granted it was a musical instrument and not clothes but it was sent and marked as gift.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back