An Post tracking/customs questions (1 Viewer)

Gambra

Anarchic Harmonics
Website
www.noisenotmusic.org
I checked up a video camera I'm getting from the States off ebay through the An Post Track & Trace system and I'm worried about what I'm seeing..

ARRIVED: PORTLAOISE OVR CO. LAOIS 20 March 07
INTO CUSTOMS:
PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE PORTLAOISE CO. LAOISE 20 March 07
HELD BY CUSTOMS:
PORTLAOISE MAIL CENTRE PORTLAOISE CO. LAOISE 20 March 07

Held by customs?? :eek::eek: Should I be worrying??

Maybe? I'm just getting worried about that phrase "Held By Customs". You seem to get lots of packages (dvd bargains thread), you get hit much for it?

Not so far.

Get a fair bit of stuff from the US - Amazon - but they ship through Germany so maybe that's why.
Have an order from Deep Discount (US company) on the way. First time ordering so not sure how it will go.

No problems with DVDs from Australia either.

No guarantees I won't be hit in the future though,

Never had DVDs stopped and i get them a lot.

Stuff from fedex seems to get stopped - I did get done on my MP3 player though..

I had a problem with this about 6 months ago as well. Bought some recording gear from Ebay (USA) for about €1200, ended up costing me €300 extra with customs.

Turns out (after many long telephone conversations), that anything marked as valued over €25 is liable to customs charges, which are 21% of the total you paid for it (i.e including shipping). Doesnt matter if it's second hand, marked as a gift or anything. And because mine was worth more than a grand I had to pay a customs clearance agent to fill out a form for me that I can't fill out myself!

So, if you had a nice rich American granny who sent you a €2000 vintage guitar for your Bday, it would cost you about €500 and 3 weeks to recieve it! seems stupid to me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back