An Introduction to User Infractions (2 Viewers)

Infractions?

• A good idea!

Votes: 10 55.6%
  • A bad idea!

Votes: 6 33.3%
  • Fascist!

Votes: 2 11.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've just recieved the following PM from LaLa:

"I know who you are.
Why do they always come to me?
I know where u live
I am going to sneak into your house at night and whisper weird shit in your ears while u sleep and make you have bad dreams.
I am going to kidnap your dog shave him and cut off his legs
..And throw him in with the seals in dublin zoo
You will look for him but you will never be able to find him.
You will take home a seal and convince yourself its your dog.
All the love you transfer to the seal will be unreciprocated.

P.S.You're new band elsewhere are deadly
And I fully endorse their products and/or services"

I edited out some of the more obscene stuff and made a few minor changes.
But thats the jist of it.
For the last time LaLa I dont even have a dog.

ha!

you've just proven to the world you made that up as i would rather cut my eyes out with a scalpel than spell your as you're.

zing!

So, anyways, infarctionisiationalisingidiousnessocity issues.

I kinda liked the old-skool unpredictable possibilty-of-outright-banning way of doing things if for no other reason than I'd much prefer Thumped to be a 'spirit of the law' rather than 'word of the law' kind of place. It seems to me that making clear boundaries can in some situation just give assholes a map to work off; see the classic kids thing where you say don't touch something and they hover their hand above it 'but I'm not touching it....' Once the law is in explicit words then it gives people something to work against, some lawyers spend their whole lives working out clever ways to circumvent laws without breaking them.

Some people might say that I'm advocating a dictatorship and they'd be right, dictatorships have a bad name due to whole genocide thing but in principle if you believe that the people in charge are fundamentally looking out for the greater good (whatever that may mean) then you trust them to make good decisions.

So I say no, leave it as is.

likewise.

god do you have me on ignore or some crazy shit?

god.

;)

I did for a while, because of that Avatar of people being unruly with the good officers of law enforcement, but i reckon we all have our crazy moments (i once attended a Prefab Sprout concert and elbowed the man infront of me for standing on my toe) and i'm willing to begin Private Communication.

wouldn't it be more fun if you picked a user from the active userlist & banned their ip for say a few days? you could select a new random person every 3 days or so.

Isn't this really just going to mean that people who aren't clever enough get punished for it in some way, while others can say what they like as long as they do it in a clever and witty way?

What are the punishments? I like Hanley's ideas.

Pete, it's your bulletin board - If you don't like something, they just lock it and if people have a problem with it, then that's their tough shit.

wouldn't it be more fun if you picked a user from the active userlist & banned their ip for say a few days? you could select a new random person every 3 days or so.

itll be like trinity back in the 1500 when the provost used to have a catholic executed under the campanile.

brits out

I dont think there's as much frustration/trouble on thumped as there is on other sites. Despite the occaisional dumb poster, or tantrum on my part,there's a pretty good dynamic on thumped, and ususally if shit's hitting fans it's sorted eventually by ways of the many sound and reasonable opinions of the many sound and reasonable folk that post here. On a bad day i'd say pile those fuckers high and burn them all; but today i'm cosy with the notion that the people can handle themselves.

I'm off caffine, by the way.

So not right now then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back