Alternatives to An Post (3 Viewers)

GARYXKNIFEDX

Solutions
Website
Visit site
(the service,not the person of course)

Sold a 7" single for 55euro and was posting it today. Sent it with tracking to US for 8.60. The person in the post office asked the value and I said 55euro,she then told me it would only be covered up to 35euro. I asked about covering the whole lot and she looked up a few things and said "you can't ,it goes by weight"

I've sent a load of records with tracking and never been told it would only be covered up to a certain value. I'm kinda annoyed at that.

Anyone know of an affordable service that would cover the full value?

Thanks

(the service,not the person of course)

Sold a 7" single for 55euro and was posting it today. Sent it with tracking to US for 8.60. The person in the post office asked the value and I said 55euro,she then told me it would only be covered up to 35euro. I asked about covering the whole lot and she looked up a few things and said "you can't ,it goes by weight"

I've sent a load of records with tracking and never been told it would only be covered up to a certain value. I'm kinda annoyed at that.

Anyone know of an affordable service that would cover the full value?

Thanks

How often does stuff go missing that you'd need to avail of the coverage?

It's annoying certainly, but does it affect you beyond that?

So far I've been fine, but the more I sell,and selling more expensive records,the more I worry about dodgy buyers(more than the post service itself). I'd like to be totally covered.

I hear loads of stories of things going missing etc from sellers so it's probably just a matter of time.

The only other option is private carriers like UPS which would cost you a fortune since you're treated as a one off customer. If you're posting to the UK then Parcel Motel is an option, they cover to €100 but it can cost up to €15 for a small package. It does look worth it for larger packages though.

Also Im fairly sure that clerk was lying to you about the insurance. The An Post website says you can get "Additional insurance for Registered Post items within the Republic of Ireland up to a maximum €2,000". €4 for cover up to €1,500 and €5 uo to the €2k. No mention of rules about weight.

So far I've been fine, but the more I sell,and selling more expensive records,the more I worry about dodgy buyers(more than the post service itself). I'd like to be totally covered.

I hear loads of stories of things going missing etc from sellers so it's probably just a matter of time.

You could probably work out roughly how much extra over the year it would cost you to get extra coverage on all the items you would send.
Then the likelihood of losing and replacing one or two items.

The cost for the latter might be cheaper?

I'm grasping at straws a little here.

Very impressed you're selling 7" for that much though. Fair play.

It's always only covered €35. I've never had a single registered item go missing. Only once out of hundreds of transactions has anything gone missing with regular post.

I once sold a White Stripes LP on ebay for a £100. Best thing about it was the private message from the buyer asking me not to leave him any positive feedback "as my dad will kill me if he finds out how much I spent".

ok, I'll say it

a 7" single for 55euro...what the blimmin fuck?

I don't even consider it that much,at all. Having said that I've probably never spent more than £25 for one. Most likely because I've never seen proper rare records here that I want,and can be quite lucky finding things for cheap too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back