Posted by pete
Curraghmore Estate, Co Waterford
Friday, August 2, 2019 - 06:00 PM
Until: Sunday, August 4, 2019 - 11:00 PM
(Adjusted for timezone: Europe/London)

Upcoming dates
All times have been adjusted for the timezone: Europe/London

This event has expired and has no upcoming dates
was the deerhoof gig before or after they played here in the temple bar music center (the night before they supported radiohead in marlay park?)

I was at all 3 of those gigs. They were one of my favourite live bands at the time. Really put on a great show.

The EP set was on a saturday night. I was driving back to dublin that night (cos the gah) and was giving a lift to 2 people. Made them stand through all of Deerhoof to earn their lift. They ended up hating it, but I don't care. Fuck them.
What were their last couple of albums like? I've totally lost track but they're still pretty prolific

What were their last couple of albums like? I've totally lost track but they're still pretty prolific

I thought with all the talk about them they were going to be playing this festival. The last album I really enjoyed by them was La Isla Bonita, it's a great album. They've done 2 more since that haven't really made any impression on me.

I was a bit late to the whole deerhoof thing so only saw them once when they played Whelans about 2 or 3 years ago. I thought they were great. I brought a bunch of friends with me. The ones that played music themselves really liked them but the ones who didn't spent the whole bitching and moaning.

The Runners Four would be my favourite, followed closely by Apple O and Reveille. Offend Maggie was a bit of a dip, sort of dropped off after that. Still see them whenever they play though. That Whelan's show was great. What album were they plugging then? La Isla Bonita? Must check that out.

The Runners Four would be my favourite, followed closely by Apple O and Reveille. Offend Maggie was a bit of a dip, sort of dropped off after that. Still see them whenever they play though. That Whelan's show was great. What album were they plugging then? La Isla Bonita? Must check that out.

Aye, it was that one. Some really good stuff on there, like Mirror Monster.
I really like Offend Maggie myself, Friend Opportunity's great too.

Have a ticket for this. First outdoor festival in a few years. And almost all the bands I’m interested in an be seen playing Dublin every few months. Still
Though, if the weather is decent it’ll be a nice little weekend.
Hope the next few acts announced are more my cup of tae

just heard the new song by The National. It's terrible
Having to deal with a million Irish National fans was part of the reason I hadn't got a ticket yet. This is all The National's fault.

Nenah Cherry would prolly be pretty good though.

It's a lovely venue and if they get the weather we got at it last year 🙌

What do you think of Junior Brother? I saw him last weekend and he was very divisive - people complaining and leaving, other people loving it. The voice/accent combination is hard to love but I thought he was great, a whiz on the guitar and foot tamborine. I'm not going to this festival to see him

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

What do you think of Junior Brother? I saw him last weekend and he was very divisive - people complaining and leaving, other people loving it. The voice/accent combination is hard to love but I thought he was great, a whiz on the guitar and foot tamborine. I'm not going to this festival to see him

He's a bit ahead of the curve in what hes at and people will take a while to get it.. Anyone who complained and left will probably be lauding him to you in three years. Probably the good kind of divisive.

I'd say theres a chance that could take off

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Mohammad Syfkhan 'I Am Kurdish' Dublin Album Launch
Bello Bar
1 Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Bloody Head, Hubert Selby Jr Infants, Creepy Future - Dublin
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads... If we had any... Which we don't right now.

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back