All hail Captain McShane (1 Viewer)

Just captained his country to a 2 nil win over Italy.

Why you lads even bother commenting on footballing matters is beyond me.

I hope you're joking!!
He did well last night, but was by far the weakest of the back four. He did most things efficiently, but nothing of note ala Ledger or Ward, and as was pointed out above, his only vision is to hoof it upfield or into the stands. He twice headed across his own box, one sliding off his head, and I seem to recall when he once tried to pass it out of defence he very neatly passed it straight to an Italian. There wasn't an Irish player within 20 yards of the ball.

Keogh and Foley had worse games, but McShane did nothing to suggest he's anything better than we already know.
Having said all that I'm dleighted for him that he got to Captain for such a famous victory. He is committed to the cause, and as Cormac says as long as he's not in the first team for games that matter, we can all sleep easy.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Nabbed from broadsheet.ie

In fairness if Trap insists on picking Paul McShane it's nice to know Paul McShane can go through 90 minutes without doing a Paul McShane......Paul McShane

there's been arguements over mcgeady, andrews even robbie keane. wether or not mccarthy and stokes should get back in. stephen ireland. stephen hunt. all those lads. but jayses, i thought the one thing we could all agree on was paul mcshame.

and yet....here we are.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back