AIB Directors pelted with eggs (1 Viewer)

the government must be loving the bankers for taking a lot of the ire.
it's the government's fault for being quite happy with a lax (let's say quite deficient) regulatory system, and the bankers were just capitalising in the short term because that's what the stock market expects.

it's not just the government - it's a global financial system.

my point about criminal proceedings wasn't about this case specifically but i still think there needs to be a rethink of what the financial services sector values.

There has been moves recently in the environmental policy/law area towards real liability legislation. The principle is "polluter pays" i.e. if your comany causes harm to the environment your company pays to mitigate the problem. It tries to establish a culture of consideration and responsibility... something that the financial services sector needs

Re: the lax regulatory system - the system doesn't need to be lax to fail. Financial companies snap up the clever maths graduates and pay them a fortune to come up with insanely complicated ways of fucking with the system. I expect governments just can't compete on the cost of the mathematical firepower required to regulate properly

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back