Age gap in relationships? (1 Viewer)

Not true, but she will have gone past the age where flattery can overcome sense and even her own true feelings. She won't be as into unsuitable men, as she will have a better idea of what she needs and wants in a relationship... which will be a good thing. And if the relationship/friendship can't survive a few years then it certainly shouldn't be happening now. It could be fun for a guy but it could ruin that girl's life, and her future relationships.

Very good point.

Well 17/18 is legal/adult.
So he is correcto you are uncorrecto/

well i was under the impression he was talking about social acceptability, irrespective of age. if he was accounting for the law then I stand corrected. But we are talking about a 16 year old, not 17/18.

ps Janer, do you see everything in black and white?

well i was under the impression he was talking about social acceptability, irrespective of age. if he was accounting for the law then I stand corrected. But we are talking about a 16 year old, not 17/18.

ah no
social acceptability once both parties are over the age of consent.
I was under the impression that the female in this situation was.

My theory is, these sort of relationshisp might be good for a while, but they're never (or rarely ever) a long term goer.

Friend of mine started seeing her guitar teacher when she was 18 (he was 29/30). They were actually grand for 2 years (mainly because she was patient enough to grin and bear the evenings of sitting in the pub with his friends while they talked incessantly about house prices and mortgages, all of which was completely and utterly foreign to a girl who'd just done her leaving cert). It was a bit like Mahattan - "What do you do, Tracy?" "Oh, I go to highschool".

Eventually she called it a day. He took it badly. He began stalking her (and I dont use the term lightly) and leaving her voicemails at 4am telling her what a horrible person she was, and she had to change her number.

So, eh, there ye go.

I wouldn't hold out any hope of it lasting, that's all.

to me there is something pretty creepy bout it..and i get nlgbbblths point that there is the same difference between a 69 year old and 51 one year old but a 16/17 year old girl is no where near being mature or even knowing who she is..i
m 25 now and the difference between me now and when i was 17 is unbeliveable and i probably wasnt mature enough for the relationships i was in then with boys of my own age, never mind someone older who would have had a lot more experience than me in every area of life..and if i had met an older man i think my dad would probably have killed him before i got the chance to form any kind of bond with him..

no no no no no no no no no

He'd be robbing her childhood. She needs to be with people her own age. Shes at that stage of her life where she starts figuring out stuff, and needs to be left to it.

Whats she gonna go? Marry this guy by 18, have 2 kids by him at 20 and then thats the rest of her life? What kind of life is that. This guy is probably on the rebound and laps up any bit attention coming his way (we've all been there), but he should draw a line in the sand.

Age gaps per se is not the issue. The fact that 2 people are in completely different places in their lives, is. He should get over himself and start hanging around with people his own age.

age gaps... nipplebath is right, it wouldn't matter if you were old, but who'd want to go out with anyone younger than 25..no 28! no 30! fucking kids. they haven't a clue. plus when you say "nik kershaws barnet, wha?" they just look blankly at you and put on vitalogy. fuck that man.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back