Age gap in relationships? (1 Viewer)

age gaps... nipplebath is right, it wouldn't matter if you were old, but who'd want to go out with anyone younger than 25..no 28! no 30! fucking kids. they haven't a clue. plus when you say "nik kershaws barnet, wha?" they just look blankly at you and put on vitalogy. fuck that man.

on vinyl, and then they go 'whats that' and you go 'its vinyl, fucking vinyl. How can you not know what fucking vinyl is'. End of relationship.

on vinyl, and then they go 'whats that' and you go 'its vinyl, fucking vinyl. How can you not know what fucking vinyl is'. End of relationship.
or when they refer to toto's "africa" as an oldie... fuck that! it's a s fresh as the day it was released.

When i was 16 i had a brief encounter with a woman that was twice my age, she wanted to meet me again and to start going out but she never heard of slayer so i figured she was too old for me. If only all 16 year olds used the same rules i did the world would be a better place.

When i was 16 i had a brief encounter with a woman that was twice my age, she wanted to meet me again and to start going out but she never heard of slayer so i figured she was too old for me. If only all 16 year olds used the same rules i did the world would be a better place.

My hero

Marilyn Manson (38) is going out with an 18 year old. If Marilyn Manson isn't a pillar of the community and a good example to follow, I don't know who the fuck is.

http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,302463,00.html

my hero

my favourite bit of the article

Smith won an $880,000 settlement; still bitter, she threatened to sue her ex-husband for having sex with her back when she was 14. Later, things grew stranger when it was reported in the spring of 1993 that Wyman's son Stephen, 31, was planning to marry Mandy's 49-year-old mother-which would have made Mandy her ex's granddaughter-in-law.

age gaps... nipplebath is right, it wouldn't matter if you were old, but who'd want to go out with anyone younger than 25..no 28! no 30! fucking kids. they haven't a clue. plus when you say "nik kershaws barnet, wha?" they just look blankly at you and put on vitalogy. fuck that man.

yep yep. when i was 15/16, i was briefly with someone who was near 30, and it seemed totally grand to me, but on reflection now that i'm closer to 30 and would have friends there and beyond, i cannot imagine what the fuck a 30 year old would want with someone in the teens, beyond the obvious. most people change completely in that span of time, and those that don't probably are the worst to be messing around with someone who hasn't gotten far in figuring themselves out/can't recognise the power imbalance in the situation.

i wonder if i'll feel the same about a 45-60 age gap when i'm nearing the upper end there, but i doubt i will.

Is 'the rule' not 'half your age + 7'? Think I remember something like that being bandied around

i can't believe this is even up for discussion. a 16/17 year old with a 30+ year old? no matter how mature you think you are at 16/17, you ain't. a 30 year old should know this and act accordingly by not taking advantage of the situation. i mean, it's not pedophilia, but it's too close for comfort.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back