Aer Lingus Flights (1 Viewer)

Scientician 0.8

Supporter
Contributor
to the US seem to be cheaper than they've ever been. No one has any money I suppose. I saw a one way ticket from Chicago to Dublin for €76. Total for March/April flight would be €269 or something.

I paid about €320 return to NYC last week. Everyone was saying "Get the tickets now before it's too late. BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE".
That is quiet a good price, but I knew that if I waited they'd get cheaper, and they did. But no one cares what I think.

They cancelled my girlfriend's 14:20 flight home from London yesterday when she was already at the airport.

They sent a rep to the gate to talk to a few few people, didn't get on the mic to explain the situation so those who were spoken to had to relay the info to the rest of the passengers.

After hours queueing for the help desk at heathrow she was told that there was no hope of a later flight that evening, and all hotels were booked up but if she could find a place they'd reimburse her. But they'd also rebooked her on a 6:40 AM flight so even if she could get a hotel, or back to her friend in central London where she'd been staying she'd have to get back out to Heathrow in the middle of the night to get the flight.

So she resigned herself to spending the night in the airport with a number of other passengers in the same boat, and they gave them a tenner to feed themselves for the duration.

When she was queuing I suggested that she ask that they give her lounge access as compensation so she could have a bit of comfort in the airport for a few hours. She said that she was looked at like she had 2 heads when she asked it.

Really shitty state of affairs.

thats fucked. What was the reason given?

They didn't give one. It was the only flight on the route that day that was cancelled, when I heard from here initially I checked their website and it was down so I thought they might have had something going on like the previous week, but it doesn't appear to have been the case.

People were tweeting them about not being able to check in for flights but that was resolved when the site and app went back up.

If it had been a load of flights gone I could understand customer service being overwhelmed but when it was just one flight that level of indifference was pretty poor.

thats very disappointing. People piss and moan about Ryanair but one thing about them is that they are determined every flight they schedule, will happen. And if its not going to, you'll know well in advance.

Seems like Aer Lingus have had their heads up their holes for the past while.

Aer Lingus have been like this for a long time
They have never really cared about their passengers but the indifference when something goes wrong is crystal clear
They kind of don't like us at all really

When I had to extend a flight after my father passed, I went up to the airport (cos I was staying with a friend in Swords at the time)
The desk was unmanned. I let out a gentle "Hello?"
This lady appeared and walked slowly over to me with a sigh.
"I have had a death in my family, my father has passed, and I need to extend this flight"
"You can do that online. You don't need to come up here. We are busy here."
"He just passed yesterday and I was driving past the airport so I thought I'd come in, before I forget"
"Reference number"
Hand it to her
"WHat's the new date?"
"The funeral is Saturday, so anything on Sunday please, whatever is available"
Utter silence for the rest of the transaction. She hands me the new flight slip.
"Thank you" I say
Utter silence as she walks away.

My father would tell me that whatever happened to that person to make them that way was probably worse than what has happened to you. Just let it roll off you, accept that it happened and move on.
Which is true.
But also, fuck that bitch.

They are no better than Ryanair, but worse in some ways.
Lots of them hate their jobs, and by extension the passengers. And they often don't feel like they have to hide it.

Sorry about your girlfriend, Uni

Ryanair have as many defenders as they have moaners, they're doing fine.

at least with Ryanair your expectations are low from the outset.
well its more that you know exactly what to expect and you're usually right.

if you pay the minimum you get a basic level of comfort. The more you pay, the better your experience. Which is fair enough.

Aer Lingus are the D4 of airlines. Heads so far up their own holes they can't smell their own shite anymore.

So she resigned herself to spending the night in the airport with a number of other passengers in the same boat, and they gave them a tenner to feed themselves for the duration.

I tell a lie, they were out of £10 vouchers to hand out by the time she got to the top of the queue, so she got £7. Any chance of 2 £7 vouchers? Fuck no

And they had to ask for something.

Aer Lingus are the D4 of airlines. Heads so far up their own holes they can't smell their own shite anymore.
I have worked my way up to Silver Tier (ooh la fucking la, look at me etc.) on AerClub with these guys

i.e. I get some level of extra treatment

And I still couldn't agree with you more

thats very disappointing. People piss and moan about Ryanair but one thing about them is that they are determined every flight they schedule, will happen. And if its not going to, you'll know well in advance.
So that hasn't been my experience with Ryanair.

They cancelled... I think all (?) flights out of Stansted, told nobody and *every* Ryanair staff member in the place ran off and hid.

The other airline staff were kinda saying look we're sorry but they just ran off. They closed all desks, all customer service things, and allegedly stayed on site somewhere but no one would rat them out. They refused to answer any phones, or say if they were going to fly at all other than circulating a rumour if you come back tomorrow they'll try to work it out.

That was the end of Ryanair for me. But now Aer Lingus are acting the maggot too.

I have to fly to Berlin in December. Shite.

Oh look, Aer Lingus was privatized between 2006 and 2015 and has gone to shit in that time period, total coincidence I'm sure.

Anyway, Michael O'Leary should be made King of Ireland for life. 👏run 👏the 👏 country 👏like 👏 a 👏 business

I flew Ryanair a week ago, it went fine. I'd 100% fall for a rebranding if they just went with the old Aer Arann colours

I just checked for a laugh there.

November-ish. Cheapest flight back to Dublin, £24 if I go Ryanair and torture myself timing-wise, and going to Luton or somewhere.

A much more reasonable flight would be Aer Lingus, but at £84.

The ideal flight, in terms of reasonable times and airports that are actually near me would be £164. With BA.

All in all, I'd rather go for the Aer Lingus option. I guess I'm just boring like that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back