advice please (1 Viewer)

dudley (05 Mar, 2002 02:29 p.m.):
am also now considering a laney lc50,€900 in musician

opines?

a friend of mine bought one a few weeks ago, exact same deal in musician, and as far as I know has been delighted with it.

He does a lounge/ funk kinda thing and mentioned he got a good ckean sound with a bit of crunch if you gave it welly

his only gripe was having to stick it on castors because it weighed a fucking ton.

I shall see if I can glean more information out of him...

dudley (05 Mar, 2002 02:29 p.m.):
am also now considering a laney lc50,€900 in musician

opines?

the new valve ones are supposed to be good, and my old one was loud. i know you have already stated your feelings on marshall's but my housemate bought a new 40watt valve jcm2000 a while back and it is really warm and loud. they are also in the price range you seem to be talking about. music maker have them. give them a go.

I don't like Laneys, or at least not their bass amps. I think they sound like Trace Elliots - kind of a pretend-good sound

Have you looked in Sound Gear near Portobello bridge? That's my favourite amp shop - they know their shit in there

egg_ (06 Mar, 2002 02:53 p.m.):
I don't like Laneys, or at least not their bass amps. I think they sound like Trace Elliots - kind of a pretend-good sound

Have you looked in Sound Gear near Portobello bridge? That's my favourite amp shop - they know their shit in there

I thought the Trace Elliot was the Rolls Royce of bass amps. I mean I was told that. What's a good bass amp?

I remember playing a gig through a trace elliot stack guitar amp yoke and my god it was the sexiest sound ive ever had, i still have photos of that thing

snakybus (06 Mar, 2002 02:58 p.m.):
egg_ (06 Mar, 2002 02:53 p.m.):

I thought the Trace Elliot was the Rolls Royce of bass amps. I mean I was told that. What's a good bass amp?

i bleedin' hate Trace Elliot bass amps.
hate
hate
hate

they always end up makin me sound funky or farty.

i love my laney :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back