ADVICE, please (1 Viewer)

faganfest!

Right,

Myself and my mate Neil Mooney have decided to do a split together, and preferably do it in 7'' format, rather than CD.
I'm hoping someone here might know how you'd go about this etc. as i've only ever copied and produced shit through tape and cd.
any help or links or resources would be fabulous.

cheers.

faganfest! said:
Right,

Myself and my mate Neil Mooney have decided to do a split together, and preferably do it in 7'' format, rather than CD.
I'm hoping someone here might know how you'd go about this etc. as i've only ever copied and produced shit through tape and cd.
any help or links or resources would be fabulous.

cheers.

seriously start playing some gigs around first.

Most people wil notl buy a seven inch by someone they havent heard of and in reality in Ireland you are only going to sell so many.
Remember you are most likely going to have to press at least 500 and this will have to be done outside the country because the facility aint here.

Remeber you will probably sell the majority at gigs so think about that first.

my advice is:

don't. you'll need to press up a good couple of hundred 7"s to make it anyway worthwhile, which will be really expensive. 7"s are not the easiest thing to get rid off so you'll lose *loads* of money. with a cd-r however you can do a few at the start and then if you need more make 'em up as you go along. they are also much much cheaper to produce.

but maybe when you get your thousands of euro payout you'd like to blow some of it on your own 7" for the buzz. if so this is where most punk records in europe get pressed: www.gzcd.cz.

DEFINITELY have someone who has been responsible for a 7" release before talk you through ALL the stages of mastering, artwork, etc, cos if not you'll end up with a record that sounds crap and has a shitty cover.[FONT=Courier New, Courier, mono]
[/FONT]

Cheers Damo and Brian for the advice.
We've made our minds up, anyway...

We're going to accquire 100 CDs (€20) and do it al ourselves. we'll design our own cover in black and white, and a contact can sort out free printing.
the CDs will be sold for €1 a pop, so after we make €20 back from production etc. we'll take €15 each, and give the remaining €50 to anarchist youth.

faganfest! said:

We're going to accquire 100 CDs (€20) and do it al ourselves. we'll design our own cover in black and white, and a contact can sort out free printing.
the CDs will be sold for €1 a pop, so after we make €20 back from production etc. we'll take €15 each, and give the remaining €50 to anarchist youth.

Spend the ca$h on booze ya ejit...

faganfest! said:

most of my favourite 7 inches came out on cd-r

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back