Adults who read Harry Potter (1 Viewer)

phew, there's more of us... thank god. i thouht i was alone

i've been on teh dart, of a morniong, and seen the suits, in their 20's and thirties, sitting there, with fucking impunity, reading a book for children. these people are lawyers and civil servents. if i knew my doctor/physio/solicitor/architecht read a childs book, i'd fire them. grow the fuck up "but it's really complicated, it's god joke and stuff only an adult would understant"
yeah? so does the naked and the dead by norman mailer, the only difference is you don't have to have a bebo account to talk to other humans about it.
"did you get to the bit where harry gets his period"
"give me a chance, i'm in bed by 7"
"can't you read under teh covers with a torch?"
"are you a prevert"

etc.

My Godson loves them and gave me the first two. I read them and struggled to finish the second one. I then bought the third one because when I see him he loves chatting about it.
I read about twenty pages and thought "fuck this". It's so boring.
Thankfully my godsons interest in them started to wane. There was an awkward period when he'd ask me if I liked the bit with Harry and the [insert stupid name here].
I'd just go "oh.......yeah.......that was good........wasn't expecting that...."
I think he knew.

I remember seeing one of the movies with a friend of mine and there is a scene in one of them where the ginger one turns a mouse into a furry cup. It was a race between my friend and I to say to each other "I was a lot older than him when I got to drink from the furry cup!".

Agreed.

I can see why a Mailer fan would take exception to Harry Potter: all those smart-mouth witches and not a cock reference in sight? Fuck that.
i never said i was a mailer fan, merely that, if one wanted, there's plenty of "litrature" out there that's more adult oriented. like...even the fucking newspaper. i ask ya.... adults. some bint was on the radio the other day creaming herself cos jj announced the name of the new book. cop on love. seriously. alice munro has a new tome out.

Harry Potter books are not just for children. They're for all mankind. ;)

Wouldn't be arsed reading one though. The movies are good.

Strange though, that Maeve Binchy and that ilk of buke gets read by millions of adults yet they seem to be written for an audience whose average age must be about four.

Each to their own.

There's nowt wrong with Norman Mailer either.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Meljoann with special guest Persona
The Workman's Cellar
8 Essex St E, Temple Bar, Dublin, D02 HT44, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back