About time (1 Viewer)

• Thread starter MDR
  • Start date
  • Replies 24
  • Views 3K
  • Watchers 1
'Crazy Frog' to oust Coldplay in charts
Last updated: 25-05-05, 09:29

The "Crazy Frog" mobile phone ringtone - loved and loathed in equal measure in Britain - looks set to be number one in the music charts after it went on sale as a CD single, pipping a new release from top band Coldplay.

The Crazy Frog's "Axel F" is currently outselling Coldplay's "Speed Of Sound" by a four to one margin and is almost certain to be top when the charts are released on Sunday, music seller HMV said.

If it does make it to number one, it will be the first time a ringtone has achieved such a feat.

Television adverts plugging the tune feature an animated frog wearing a broad smile singing the distractingly catchy tune.

Earlier this year, the Advertising Standards Authority in Britain received complaints from viewers who not only objected to the frog's visible genitalia but also the frequency of the TV spots.

In recent adverts, the frog's tiny penis has been censored even though the watchdog deemed in February it was acceptable.

"Music purists might not be too happy at the prospect of the Crazy Frog outselling Coldplay," said HMV's Gennaro Castaldo. "Kids obviously find it cute and cool, but even students and office workers seem to be drawn to its rather kitsch, ironic appeal."

crazyFLOG.gif

edit: bollocks
i try again

crazyFLOG.gif

Mumblin Deaf Ro said:
Fair point.
But lo, your insidious and facetious comment means nothing to me now! Joyfully I have amended yonder post, and behold! All is now goodly and beautious! Excepting the picture of the insane and ill-humour'd member of the family Ranidae, and an onanist be he. Apologies, fair and comely maidens all.

Aside from the to-frog-or-not-to-frog debate that's rocking the nation, this must be the first time that a ringtone has become no.1. It's part of the steady slide of pop music into just plain pop, and music music in to just plain ol entertainment. And hip bones from knee bones. and knee bones from leg bones.

All hail the brief fifty year life of the charts.

lmd64 said:
But lo, your insidious and facetious comment means nothing to me now! Joyfully I have amended yonder post, and behold! All is now goodly and beautious! Excepting the picture of the insane and ill-humour'd member of the family Ranidae, and an onanist be he. Apologies, fair and comely maidens all.

Your original mistake will be forever immortalised in my post, like a fly in amber.

jane said:
For a while, it kinda bugged me that I felt I was the only person in the Western world who had not heard the Crazy Frog. Now I'm oddly proud of this fact, yet completely mystified.
He(it) only entered my life a few weeks ago, he literally kicked down the door of my ignorance, i somehow managed to avoid him for a year.

For a while, it kinda bugged me that I felt I was the only person in the Western world who had not heard the Crazy Frog. Now I'm oddly proud of this fact, yet completely mystified.

You must watch zero television. What do you do with your time?

Btw, has anyone actually heard this being used as a ringtone? I haven't, but I think I don't hang out with enough mobile-owners.

red said:

Btw, has anyone actually heard this being used as a ringtone? I haven't, but I think I don't hang out with enough mobile-owners.
never heard it on a phone ever ever ever

red said:

The evil student who we just kicked out of the flat recently (the one who called the cops cos she didn't get her deposit immediately despite giving three days notice) had it as her ringtone, as did her sister.

Bring back the indie charts, that's what i say.

I think it's mostly kids. And wacky adults other adults instantly beat to death when they first heard crazy from baababnaannaannanananananaazzingzinggggging out of their phone.

is it so wrong to admit I don't really *mind* crazy frog axel f all that much?

BING BING!

lmd64 said:
You, sir, are no gentleman. The very measure of an uncommon villain now do I take thee for. Sirrah, there can be now no other outcome, I must demand satisfaction.

I am both a lady and a gentleman.

I will fight you, but only if you promise not to fall in love with me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back