A Quintessential Monday Morning (1 Viewer)

picture this: your light hangover has transmogrified into a pulsating, rhythmic throbbing in the centre of your brain; there's a taxi strike in cork, and about 100 taxi drivers are driving around the city centre in a massive, circular, constantly beeping convoy... argh!

picture this: your light hangover has transmogrified into a pulsating, rhythmic throbbing in the centre of your brain; there's a taxi strike in cork, and about 100 taxi drivers are driving around the city centre in a massive, circular, constantly beeping convoy... argh!

You have my sincere sympathy - same idea here in Dublin for what seemed like forever - although maybe the number of vehicles was closer to 1000. I didn't have a hangover as a starting point but man have I got a headache now!

If they can afford to waste that much petrol they can't be so badly off...:confused:

well, it was a bit of a weird situation really. came home, door open. the door needs a bit of a slam to close, which most visitors don't realise, so the first thing that crossed my mind was that my flatemate had visitors and they left without closing the door properly etc. I go into the sitting room and see a shadow sitting in the darkness... assumed it was gonna be someone I knew until I turned on the light to be greeted by the pretty alarming image of a rather formidable looking tracksuited wah on the couch slumped forward with his head in his hands, clearly either yoked or smacked out of his face.

I asked him who he was and all that shit, but he didn't even realise I was in the room, he just sat there spazzed out. so I raced up to my flatemate's room to ask them who was downstairs and did they know him. they were pretty surprised to hear that there was somebody in the house; they'd heard two people yakking outside, followed by a loud crash (the door), but they assumed it was something else happening outside or next door, so they went back to sleep! we live in a noisy as fuck neighbourhood so I guess thir conclusion is pretty understandable. anyway, this obviously meant the guy was an intruder, so I ran down and started screaming and ranting at him. he still didn't come to, so I (probably stupidly) grabbed him by the head and hopped him off the ground. he jumped up, looking really confused and started talking some nonsense about the house number so I think he was pretty sure he was somewhere else. I kinda had to square up to him so did a little more shouting, told him to get the fuck out etc. then I jostled him out of the house... he actually had the audacity to call me a dickhead as he walked away up the road! wtf!? :D

I was livid with complete rage for a while afterwards, first I wondered why I didn't crack him open with a chair; then I realised that I probably shouldn't have gone near him at all and just call the law. oops. anyway, I had a look around the house, everything was in its place... could have been fleeced stupid. my work laptop, the tv, a few synths all just lying around the place. lucky me, wha?

well, it was a bit of a weird situation really. came home, door open. the door needs a bit of a slam to close, which most visitors don't realise, so the first thing that crossed my mind was that my flatemate had visitors and they left without closing the door properly etc. I go into the sitting room and see a shadow sitting in the darkness... assumed it was gonna be someone I knew until I turned on the light to be greeted by the pretty alarming image of a rather formidable looking tracksuited wah on the couch slumped forward with his head in his hands, clearly either yoked or smacked out of his face.

I asked him who he was and all that shit, but he didn't even realise I was in the room, he just sat there spazzed out. so I raced up to my flatemate's room to ask them who was downstairs and did they know him. they were pretty surprised to hear that there was somebody in the house; they'd heard two people yakking outside, followed by a loud crash (the door), but they assumed it was something else happening outside or next door, so they went back to sleep! we live in a noisy as fuck neighbourhood so I guess thir conclusion is pretty understandable. anyway, this obviously meant the guy was an intruder, so I ran down and started screaming and ranting at him. he still didn't come to, so I (probably stupidly) grabbed him by the head and hopped him off the ground. he jumped up, looking really confused and started talking some nonsense about the house number so I think he was pretty sure he was somewhere else. I kinda had to square up to him so did a little more shouting, told him to get the fuck out etc. then I jostled him out of the house... he actually had the audacity to call me a dickhead as he walked away up the road! wtf!? :D

I was livid with complete rage for a while afterwards, first I wondered why I didn't crack him open with a chair; then I realised that I probably shouldn't have gone near him at all and just call the law. oops. anyway, I had a look around the house, everything was in its place... could have been fleeced stupid. my work laptop, the tv, a few synths all just lying around the place. lucky me, wha?

fuck him.
I wouldn't be too hard on yourself for the way you reacted.

here's a question.

say if you had used excessive force and were prosecuted for assault - would there be any charge against him for breaking into the house in the first place?

or is it a case of punish the retaliator not the instigator?

good question!

I'd say they could be easily charged as well; though I doubt their punishment would be nearly as severe.

gonna have to get a bolt for the door methinks.

haha.. just remembered. my friend's da has a particularly funny method of home security: he's involved with the local GAA. their back door goes into the kitchen, every night he props a couple of hurleys up against the back door. so if anybody, (including us coming in from the pub), opens the door the hurleys fall over, making a significant clatter, which beckons the immediate appearance of a very big angry looking GAA man in his pyjamas.

not sure if anyone has ever pointed out the possible repercussions of leaving a couple of large wooden hurleys lying on the floor so readily available to a would be intruder... :D

Well, if there's a guy in your house while you're there it's aggravated breaking and entry or something. But, the "aggravated" bit is very serious, aggravated burglary can get up to a life sentence for example.

Fucking Jehovah's Witnesses. Contradicting them is like smacking your head off a wall (easy to do but ultimately pointless) and they're harder to get rid of than herpes. They just made my Monday.

was back to college today. was expecting a 4 day week but i have at least 1 day a week where ive to be in for 1 hour. either a 1pm on a tuesday or a 9am on friday. FUCK YOU YOU TIMETABLE BASTARD. poxy

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back