A Quintessential Monday Morning (1 Viewer)

puppetmonkey

Had one of those mornings that perfectly encapsulates why Mondays are so hated.
Woke up late after sleeping through two alarms (that’s what I get for staying up to watch the Birds). 25 mins later was waltzing out the front door, feeling very smug with my speediness, when I spy my car parked in front of the house. For the second time this year someone has vandalised my front passenger door by pulling the window frame away from the door at the top. So I then lost a precious ten minutes trying to push the frame back into place in the hopes that it won’t be robbed during the day. Still feeling a bit nervous about that. Finally decided to leave it, getting on the bus to realised that my cd player batteries were dead, leaving me with no music to listen to. Finally my shitty morning was brought to a fitting end when I got into work (late) to discover that the “cheer up” blueberry muffin I bought myself was quite sub par.

Anyone else have a quintessential Monday morning story?

The damage to ur car is by a thief opening your car.

Anyway my monday morning so far
Went to bed after 4 for the 3rd night in a row
Had to go thru 2 alarms my gf had set for her to get up for work at 4.30
My dog downstairs barking and having to get up even though I fancied a lie in as I am off on mondays......but doing overtime in work tonite from 5

- have headache and am wrecked from beer drinkage last night
- ATM ate my card
- I forgot to put milk in my takeout coffee

ah monday, I hate you well.

Classics, one and all :)

I'm on the first day of my trying-to-learn-time-management new leaf. Gotta get the head down and work from 9-5 on my PhD so I can have a life outside that and stop feeling like the walls are closing in.

Actually started work at 9.30 today 'cos I had to watch Buffy but did a solid 90mins, on a 10min break now.

Got Mozart piano sonatas on in the background, good working music.

thanks guys. i feel much better knowing that its not just my monday that has an element of celesital farce to it. i just hope my car doesn't get robbed while im in work.

slight hangover but all in all, it's a pretty normal day so far... drinking a cup o' tea/not doing too much. all good.

weekend sucked though. couldn't go anywhere due to a combo of no car tax/broken car key/no money so I was stuck in cork ciddy. lots of confrontation with complete dickheads, including:

some drunk prick on friday night who pulled my mate's wheelie bin out onto the street, and then threatened/tried to claim my friend when he fucked him out of it before finally leaving and pulling over another bin all over the road.

coming home at 7am saturday morning to discover my front door forced open and some complete scumbag on the nod sitting in an armchair in my sitting room!

the dickhead security guard who shouted at us in ringaskiddy harbour (okay, maybe we kinda deserved that one).

pricks. I'm glad cork lost the all ireland final.

I was on the go til 10 last night

What's happened to you, man?

little%20grandma.jpg

I woke up at 11.30 , had a ciggerette listened to some music. Got a shower and went on the internet. All was well until I relised...

IM BACK TO SCHOOL TOMORROW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back