A New Record! (1 Viewer)

pete

chronic procrastinator
Staff member
Since 1999
Solutions
Website
thumped.com
Hey there all you crazy goofball kids...

Just thought I'd let you know that this week yet another thumped.com record has been broken!

Now before I go on, can I just say that none of this would have been possible without a few hard working people - I'm sure I don't need to name names, you know who you are!

This week - yes, this very week! - I have received more complaints about posts on the board than have ever been received before!

Pat yourselves on the back!

Ehhh seriously though - people are starting to get pissed off. How about laying off a little?

Now don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to stop your fun. Me? No way!

I know work is boring, and this gives you something to do to on those long summer afternoons when you'd rather be outside playing... but c'mon, some people sit down to read this all in one go and might have to wade through a few dozen posts completely unrelated to the topic....

A couple of people have suggested that maybe I should moderate posts (as in give the OK to each and every message before it goes live), or even just delete all the crap, but that's just not my style. I'm too lazy to do the first, and I'm not comfortable with the second*.

Look. I'm just as keen on talking shit as the next guy, whether it's dodgy tv shows, dodgy 80's metal, dodgy stuff about me mates, or wrasslin (there ain't nothin' dodgy about wrasslin, bud) - but for christ's sake, is it necessary to do it in every single thread**?

So how about a little self regulation?

Please?

Think of the children.

pete

* = To the best of my knowledge in the entire history of the thumped.com message boards (over 12,000 messages, I think), i've only ever deleted 2 posts, both of which I felt went way over the line.

** = obviously this is an exaggeration, but you know what I mean

pete (18 Aug, 2001 11:59 p.m.):

A couple of people have suggested that maybe I should moderate posts (as in give the OK to each and every message before it goes live), or even just delete all the crap, but that's just not my style. I'm too lazy to do the first, and I'm not comfortable with the second*.

How great a moderated *underground music* message board would be,
Then all the real underground people could talk about important things like how they hate being moderated/silenced by the government, the media, big corporations etc.
Ah the irony

damn, i thought from reading this topic there was a new morphosis album coming out... but there isn't. now i'm sad... that'll teach me to be bleedin' wrong.

but there is!

although "new" might not be the best word to describe it...

HP!!!

you're not playing by the rules!!
this is for organized freedom of speech, right?
so you can't post the wrong thread here or all the boys and girls and mams and dads will complain to pete and he'll have to read every sad little word written on his lovely site before posting them up (if they pass).

are you a team player?
theres no "i" in team.

i love pricks.

the bearded lady (21 Aug, 2001 01:52 p.m.):
HP!!!

you're not playing by the rules!!
this is for organized freedom of speech, right?
so you can't post the wrong thread here or all the boys and girls and mams and dads will complain to pete and he'll have to read every sad little word written on his lovely site before posting them up (if they pass).

are you a team player?
theres no "i" in team.

i love pricks.

Em I play for the other team

nooo you see you'd be ALLOWED post crap here in this thread because that's what it's about!

forget Vince Taylor, did anyone feast their eyes on the walking colostomy bag that is Denis Hopper last night on BBC? He was off drugs when making Betty Blue...who'd a thunk it...

maybe there's a film called betty blue velvet, in which case i'm not so angry but i would still kill you. but, there's not so you're dead. brown bread, you're dead. dead dead dead.

oh beatrice dalle, what ever happened to us? whay did you have to poke your eyes out? i could have given you a real baby...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back