• Thread starter RSJ
  • Start date
  • Replies 34
  • Views 5K
  • Watchers 0

RSJ

Website
www.gravelbox.net
Anyone ordered with these before? Ordering a bag and a stack of film off them and they keep refusing my card saying it's either the address or the card, but both or fine. Should i just ring them up? Or is there anywhere else that does cheap bags and film?

probably the lack of postcode causing that - i have to ring play.com every time i get a new card, so they can flag it as postcode not required.

speaking of cheap film, i got three rolls of delta 3200 in gunns earlier, for 9 quid; bbe is last feb, but i've never come across b&w go iffy till it's at least five years out of date.

I ended up cancelling the order. I ordered the stuff friday, monday they contact me saying there's credit card problems, it's wednesday now and they're still taking 24 hours to respond to each attempt on my part to resolve the situation (despite sending them front and back scans of my credit card bill on monday). Got my stuff e80 cheaper on adorama. Fuck'em.

I ended up cancelling the order. I ordered the stuff friday, monday they contact me saying there's credit card problems, it's wednesday now and they're still taking 24 hours to respond to each attempt on my part to resolve the situation (despite sending them front and back scans of my credit card bill on monday). Got my stuff e80 cheaper on adorama. Fuck'em.

Jasus, never scan your credit card or bill and email it to anyone. I know the chances of it being used illicitly are negligible, but still...l If they're that desperate for your money, they can set up a proper e-commerce system or pay someone else to do it. I've been asked a couple of times for scans (both from american companie) and my answer was to cancel the order with the recommendation they can sort their system or rev up and fuck off (note: I didn't actually say that, 'cos that would be rude....but they got the message).

Must check this adorama. Maybe we could have a thread with good and cheap links to online photoshops?

It's a very common practice now for companies to ask for scans of your card or bill. I've done it for pixmania, adorama and a couple more large, reputable camera shops.

Anyways, i just checked my 365 and 7dayshop have charged my card, so now i have two sets of stuff coming. Fuckers.

It's a very common practice now for companies to ask for scans of your card or bill. I've done it for pixmania, adorama and a couple more large, reputable camera shops.

Anyways, i just checked my 365 and 7dayshop have charged my card, so now i have two sets of stuff coming. Fuckers.

Only ever had American companies asking for it. It's just asking for trouble. Basically I won't trust anyone who won't put the extra investment into a better e-commerce solution. Just smacks of amateursish.

That's a bit mad on the 7dayshop thing. I suppose you could do a return to sender job on the package. How much you talking about? Email them a nasty stinker of a letter. As I said, my mate never had a problem with them, but that sounds a bit lacklustre.

Only ever had American companies asking for it. It's just asking for trouble. Basically I won't trust anyone who won't put the extra investment into a better e-commerce solution. Just smacks of amateursish.
I don't think that it's the lack of a decent system to be honest, i think it's down to how american companies can't verify credit card addresses and photo gear is the prime target for fraudsters. Pixmania's the only european company who've asked for it, in the instance of pixmania i offered it as there was a dispute over my address. Ordered $1000 worth of second hand stuff off KEH last week and they asked for it too so had it handy.

That's a bit mad on the 7dayshop thing. I suppose you could do a return to sender job on the package. How much you talking about? Email them a nasty stinker of a letter. As I said, my mate never had a problem with them, but that sounds a bit lacklustre.
It was for e300. Got the whole lot on adorama for e210 yesterday aswell. Sent them an email stating my case and saying if i didn't hear back from them by 4pm today with a full refund i'd be onto my credit card company saying a fraudulent charge had been made to my card. That should hopefully put the fire up 'em.

It was for e300. Got the whole lot on adorama for e210 yesterday aswell. Sent them an email stating my case and saying if i didn't hear back from them by 4pm today with a full refund i'd be onto my credit card company saying a fraudulent charge had been made to my card. That should hopefully put the fire up 'em.

Good plan. Let's hope common sense applies.

Which reminds me, off to check this adorama.....

Wow, whereas when i was trying to order it took 12 hours minimum to get a reply from cust service, as soon as i threatened them with a credit card company, it took 15 minutes to get a reply. Refund made. I'll never be using these fuckers again...

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back