3 Mobile chancers (1 Viewer)

sweetoblivion

Live from her fairytale world of clouds and pixies
I rang up 3 Mobile today to cancel a mobile broadband contract - but ended up getting €20 credit on my account and with the contract still intact after being made feel bad about cancelling it!! :confused:

I'm really annoyed - I didn't expect them to try and guilt me into keeping the contract and didn't have the balls to tell yer man to feck off.

me: I'd like to cancel my contract
man: why is this so, Ms B...?
me: because I no longer need it
man: well this is a great time for you to be ringing Ms B, as it is nearly Christmas and we will have lots of great offers for you. So I am going to credit your account for €20 and give you another month to see these great offers.
me (incredulous): does this mean I can't cancel my contract?!
man (mortally offended): No no Ms B! It simply means I am crediting your account with €20 and giving you another month to see these great offers.
me: "......"

Argh!!! :mad:

I know!! I'm such a fucking fool! I am way too nice sometimes. What a walkover. I think I might ring again and this time tell them the truth - that I'm too broke to pay 20e for something I don't bloody use.

Alternatively I could sell the modem, he said. Anyone want one?!

I rang up 3 Mobile today to cancel a mobile broadband contract - but ended up getting €20 credit on my account and with the contract still intact after being made feel bad about cancelling it!! :confused:

I'm really annoyed - I didn't expect them to try and guilt me into keeping the contract and didn't have the balls to tell yer man to feck off.

me: I'd like to cancel my contract
man: why is this so, Ms B...?
me: because I no longer need it
man: well this is a great time for you to be ringing Ms B, as it is nearly Christmas and we will have lots of great offers for you. So I am going to credit your account for €20 and give you another month to see these great offers.
me (incredulous): does this mean I can't cancel my contract?!
man (mortally offended): No no Ms B! It simply means I am crediting your account with €20 and giving you another month to see these great offers.
me: "......"

Argh!!! :mad:

Call up again and tell them you want to cancel.

just one month free, but I don't use the bloody thing - and I'm paying insurance on it too and can't cancel that till my contract is cancelled.
Seriously I've never had that experience before, it was pure guilt tactics.

I know that's the best thing to do, but when he said I could sell it on, or give it as a present, I thought it might be something for one of my sisters.

Anyway this is less about my stupidity ;) and more their guilt tactics.

Tell them to fuck off. "hi Mr. 3 please fuck off and take your €20 thanks"

did you not tell them about our 4 kids and not having a stitch to rub together?
surely they would understand the need to cloth and feed the kids ahead of internet access?

Don't let the bastards grind you down SweetO.
I have had it with these fricking type of companies that can't believe you don't want to avail of their amazing service.
Oh man.

right on, if someone offered me a month extra on some contract FOR FREE, i'd tell them where to shove it! the cheek!

i dont understand the 'guilt' part comes in. they are a faceless company in the game of making lots of money. you are one person who does not want to avail of their service anymore. simple.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back