3 minutes (1 Viewer)

P. Littbarski said:
All I can say Jane is 79.2%

That was the % of people who voted Yes in the citizenship referendum...that scares me.

and it doesnt suprise me that people would say things like that...a lot of people think like that but just dont vocalise it.
I know, that's what I'm saying, but just because it's not surprising doesn't mean we should let it slide. I know that it's a delicate situation: if you put someone one the defensive about their racist attitudes (or attitudes that they themselves don't see as racist at all, which is scarier), it can often just make them achieve more anger, rather than any real understanding. But it still sucks.

i was very interested and a little disturbed to hear some of the people on a newstalk vox-pop thingy talk about the role of God in the tsunami and possibility of it being punishment for the wrongs of man etc. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa

broken arm said:
i was very interested and a little disturbed to hear some of the people on a newstalk vox-pop thingy talk about the role of God in the tsunami and possibility of it being punishment for the wrongs of man etc. waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa
They should build themselves an Ark if they feel so strongly about it.

broken arm said:
nothing like a lazy insane christian to give you a headache.
www.godhatessweden.com Sickening.

I had completely forgotten about this but the boss came down at 11 to remind us, the gobshite from over the road was over at the time and said "Oh jaysus I'd better run over and remind them" and left because he always scarpers when the boss is about, I had an image of him bursting into their office and everyone is being quiet and he said "quiet everyone" for the whole 3 minutes.

jane said:
I know, that's what I'm saying, but just because it's not surprising doesn't mean we should let it slide. I know that it's a delicate situation: if you put someone one the defensive about their racist attitudes (or attitudes that they themselves don't see as racist at all, which is scarier), it can often just make them achieve more anger, rather than any real understanding. But it still sucks.
you're right...i'm just being pessimistic, but you know, i've had so many discussions and arguments with people with ignorant attitudes over the last few years (including family members which really shocked me) that made me realise I am never going to change someones opinion. The only way thats going to happen is by that person to work it out themselves...

Got this in my inbox this morning:

Captain Americas and Wagamama restaurant will join together to support
the GOAL Southeast Asia Appeal on Friday 7 January from 12 midday to
close of business

Every cent spent in the restaurants will be donated to the appeal. Also
all employees will donate a days pay* and all tips received on the 7th!

Please come in and support us on Friday!

Captain Americas Cookhouse and Bar, 44 Grafton Street Dublin 2 ph
6715266 www.captainamericas.com <http://www.captainamericas.com/>

Wagamama, South King Street Dublin 2 ph 4782152 www.wagamama.ie

nEiLo said:
Got this in my inbox this morning:

Captain Americas and Wagamama restaurant will join together to support
the GOAL Southeast Asia Appeal on Friday 7 January from 12 midday to
close of business

Every cent spent in the restaurants will be donated to the appeal. Also
all employees will donate a days pay* and all tips received on the 7th!

Please come in and support us on Friday!

Captain Americas Cookhouse and Bar, 44 Grafton Street Dublin 2 ph
6715266 www.captainamericas.com <http://www.captainamericas.com/>

Wagamama, South King Street Dublin 2 ph 4782152 www.wagamama.ie
There's an asterisk beside "day's pay" which isn't followed through... Ah don't mind me, fair play to them. It's a great idea. I've always thought that innovation doesn't go astray when raising funds.

maybe it means without tips or something?

roxy said:
There's an asterisk beside "day's pay" which isn't followed through... Ah don't mind me, fair play to them. It's a great idea. I've always thought that innovation doesn't go astray when raising funds.

Monkey said:
Silence won't help. Money will.

3 minutes silence is like praying for their souls. There's no real point.
well thats nice, im sure they'd like to think that someone isnt thinking of them for 3 minutes, that the world is united in some way for once

im sure what the rest of the world is thinking about is the last thing on teir minds at the moment

broken arm said:
my dad said something about it being God's way of dealing with an evil place. i think he was talking specifically about thailand's child sex tourism and conveniently ignoring the other 10 countries effected. kinda surprised me. didnt think he was a bible sniffer. i responded by asking him what would god be doing on buddha's turf. i confounded him with similar ignorance to his own. nice trick if it works :)

Donkey OJ said:
my dad said something about it being God's way of dealing with an evil place. i think he was talking specifically about thailand's child sex tourism and conveniently ignoring the other 10 countries effected. kinda surprised me. didnt think he was a bible sniffer. i responded by asking him what would god be doing on buddha's turf. i confounded him with similar ignorance to his own. nice trick if it works :)
Hmm...to say nothing of the literally zillions of orphaned fodder for the remaining pedrophiles...mmm...punish the victims...spose who are we to question God?

Jimmy Magee said:
Hmm...to say nothing of the literally zillions of orphaned fodder for the remaining pedrophiles...mmm...punish the victims...spose who are we to question God?
yup. like i say. illogical ignorance will out. zealotry of any kind is invariably ill informed and massively generalised becuae it refuses to educate itself about or acknowledge opposing yet possibly more logical viewpoints. as far as i can see, equipped with my limited knowledge of world religions, they all in some ways, some more overtly than others encourage zealotry and thats what turned me away from religion. like the way football fans say to each other "WE played YOU off the pitch on saturday". where WE = islam/arsenal and YOU = christianity/man city. its bullshit. tens of millions of christians, billions of buddhists and bajillions of muslims cant all be wrong. and being convinced your belief system (4-4-2) is superior to another person's (the one where stevieG has a wandering role) is the first step down the tunnel to zealotry. i have to say tho - religion still fascinates me. even tho i take no active participation in any organised religion. if religion is the opium of the masses then i'm in the drugs squad.

wow. what complete bullshit comes outta me 1st thing of a saturday.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Fixity/Meabh McKenna/Black Coral
Bello Bar
Portobello Harbour, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back