3-channel output (minimum) on USB for once off live recording (1 Viewer)

pissypants

Is there anywhere a 3-track output (minimum!) USB audio/midi interface could be rented in Dublin for a once off live recording?

-------------------------------------------
Or if you've a way to solve this conundrum:

I've got a once off live recording coming up with my band.
It's being recorded genuinely live down to 2-track with no overdubs, or multitracking of any kind.

However we've been using a 2-channel USB interface with our laptop. When using it live channel 1 carries the click track for the drummer, and channel 2 carries the audio coming from the laptop - soft-synths etc. which goes out to the front of house PA.

Not such a huge issue live, but for an upcoming live recording we want to have a stereo output from the laptop, and still have a click-track. The laptop also runs midi playback, outputting to a vocoder, as well as automatically filtering synths as they are played live, so just using a 2-track bounce-down on some form of playback device won't cut it. For playing live we use Reason rewired into Reaper, where other soft-synths are hosted as plugins. Reaper also plays back the midi for the vocoder.

Is there any way to output to more than one soundcard simultaneously with Reaper? i.e. one could handle the stereo mix, and the other the click?

Any other bright ideas? The closer to a "no-budget" solution the better!

Cheers

I can lend you a usb-midi interface,if you have(or can borrow) an auld midi capable keyboard/drum module you could trigger a click from that?

I can lend you a usb-midi interface,if you have(or can borrow) an auld midi capable keyboard/drum module you could trigger a click from that?

Gazzer your a genius. .|..|
This was staring me in the face and is exactly the kind of answer I was looking for.

I already run midi out of the laptop to the vocoder. I have 2 GM compatible keyboards I own with a midi in/out/thru. I can run the midi into one of these for a click track on channel 10 and then thru to the vocoder on channel 1.

Legend.

Sorted.
Cheers Gazzy.

The only question I have left is: Why didn't I think of this!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Darsombra (Kosmische Drone Prog)(US)
Anseo
18 Camden Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin, Ireland
Gig For Gaza w/ ØXN, Junior Brother, Pretty Happy & Mohammad Syfkhan
Vicar Street
58-59 Thomas St, The Liberties, Dublin 8, Ireland
Landless: 'Lúireach' Album Launch (Glitterbeat Records)
The Unitarian Church, Stephen's Green
Dublin Unitarian Church, 112 St Stephen's Green, Dublin, D02 YP23, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back