29th kilcoole gig 4e for 9 bands (1 Viewer)

just saying - you can't complain about having no gigs when ur already playing that weekend.
It's a small country.
*sigh*

... when ur already playing that day.
(that can't be right?)

And I'm saying you can.

Especially if you consider the fact that this is Scientific Bong's "Tour" as such, to promote their record. A tour consisting of TWO dates. Neither of which will result in notable, if any, financial gain to cover costs.

If you think of the amount of times Kid Blunt, No Compliance, Foot in Mouth, Puget Sound, Estel, Knifed and The Dagda have been put on the bill at GZ, often playing with a band of their choice, you must be able to realise Damo's point and why it annoys him so much that he can't get gigs at all for the Bong.

Also if you consider how much time and money it costs to get a record all made up (which was pretty much single-handedly I must say) and then how difficult it is to get them shifted and try to earn back the money you've invested in it out of yr own pocket (when yr unemployed), let alone try to make money for another possible recording or whatever, then surely you can comprehend how shit it must feel when people you've helped out, hyped up and spent a lot of time organising gigs for don't reciprocate or show any counteraction at all.

No-one invloved with GZ does gigs for the good of their health but to keep the "scene" alive and bring good bands at good prices to the people that want it. When people don't show any appreciation at all for all it takes to put on a gig without a hitch I guess it gets disheartening. I wouldn't be suprised if he packed it all in and you were all left whining on the poxy internet about the lack of d.i.y gigs.

So yes, weeler he can complain about not getting gigs though he's playing that weekend. Because it took a lot of effort to get those gigs and it was out of the kindness of the people in Cork and Mayo that they are actually happening.

what the fuck does Rotflmao mean?

look one thing about this whole gigs thing is people's reactions seem to be so typically irish, it makes me fuckin laugh because like everything else in this stupid fuckin country, once you build someone up ya wanna shoot em down. GZ have been organising gigs in dublin for years, damo has been organising gigs in dublin for years, but yet again in posts like this and the other one that was really fuckin stupid people proceed to knock one of the few good things this city has goin for it.

and as far as i know the gigs in castlebar and cork have only been booked in the past week or two, whereas the kilcoole gig has been organised before that, did it ever occur to you weeler that damo could have been asking for that gig before the whole cork/castlebar gigs had been organised? mann you people!

damo did ask to play the kilcoole gig about a month ago but its been booked up for more than that now.
and the band in question damo was complaining about being a cover band are actually releaseing their debut ep at the gig and its full of original songs.
i said to damo i'd try and get him on it but i wasnt sure....

i wasnt (or do i intend to) slate damo about this i think damo is a wonderful chap who does way more than anyone in the scene and should be helped. but unfortunatly we arent in the position to help sci. bong this time around. but we have many times in the past.
and i know its hard to do a tour without losing money but we fucking lose money at 90% of our gigs. most dub gigs we play we lose money getting there. although gz are the best for giving you expenses i must say(we got paid almost everytime we played). but fuck it i prefer giging to money so i dont complain.

i dont think people realise how many peopleask to play the kilcoole gigs...we already have the next 3 totally booked up.
and i know its shit about how its always the same bands that play but there's afew things you need to take in consideration first....

we must run the gigs with and through the scouts.as it is their hall. that means that they have a huge say in who plays....ie they want loads of local bands and people to be at it. but at the same time we want you townies involved as well. so we try and accomadate both

they can add bands to the bill that we dont nessisarily want to play...ie not in my name and some accoustic band are playng this one because a scout leader knows kids who want to get a gig and she put them on the bill.

this situation sucks cuz we'd like to have loads of dub bands playing but unfortunatly this cannot allways happen.

the plan is to have the next one for young kids.....ie m.o.e and crooky fix plus other bands their age. so no dub bands or kid blunt. etc etc.
this is going ahead only so we can please the fucking scouts and then get it again. ie we help them they help us...

then the one after that is hopefuly gonna be a really big one with loadsa deadly bands from around the country. including dub.
basically they have us by the balls, but its better to have them than to not.

but when you think about it theres been about 5/6 gigs here and we've put on
sci. bong, lynched, dagda, bastard yth,nerdlinger, debris (scot), puget sound, estel, forgot to follow, dangerfields, mo7's (i think?) and others. so i dont think people should be givin out to us saying we're only doin this to promote our bands and stuff like that and that we dont help the scene. thats a load of bollox.
the gigs are aimed at promoting punk in our little community and trying to build a scene. as well as getting the local kids involved. as well as trying to put on a gud gig for the townies to go to cuz they do the same for us.

damo i hope your not annoyed about all of this im not out to get you or anything....just trying to clear up a sticky situation.
why wont you return my calls? did you get those flowers i sent as a sign of reconsiliation??

Scientific Bong are coming to Cork this weekend and will be playing a post midnight gig in the caz club. As far as I know Damo got in touch with Eoin from My Remorse and I then met him at Asschapel and outlined the rather limited options available to us for that weekend.

The Caz is basically a large bandroom with a stage, pa and so forth and is a great spot for a gig but its at the end of the day a bandroom so we have to make it a party type situation because we just bring beer and play and we cant advertise it that much so we basically contact all our mates and tell them to meet up there around twelve.

We'll try to get as much money as posssible for the lads but this is our 1st time using this place so we're not sure how its all gonna pan out

see youse Saturday

mc, dont worry i aint pissed at the kilcoole posse just at the narrowmindedness within "the scene" right now, it just so happened to be vented on this thread. sorry. btw to clear up s.b. have been asking for this and other gigs for a long time, we had planned to go round ireland in the middle of nov but no one could/would help us out. it was only after persistant pestering that we got gigs in castlebar and a practice room in cork (thanks, guys!), the only gigs we've been given out of about 10 we've asked for in the past two months.

damien said:
when i saw evil elvis i dont remember them doing anything but rancid and sultans of ping covers.
also misfits covers

can evil elvis and millions of dead girls form a supergroup when they both do their misfits covers?

and by supergroup i mean shambolicdanziggroup

just to clarify - there is no way i could know how long ago damo asked for the gig - hence asking questions to find out.
I think you lot are over-reacting ppl arent dissing the work done by GZ.. as far as i can see.

Big cheer for everyone who jumps to conclusions - myself included.

also - thank god for the coincidence that everyone is sticking up for their mates here.. could be a sticky situation otherwise. (ed what ever happened to your ideas about resolving these conflicts in person and not losing the head on the interweb?)

phew happy to hear it damo...now just ditch that poxy bitch jill and we can get down to it!!! yep you me and oil!!!how bout it? you game?

thats strange about nobody givin ya gigs....im assuming you were in touch with the amc, dave in longford, new noise and such?

weeler it wasn't like you were just askign questions, your qeustions were leading and suggestive and anyone who read them would come to that conclusion, i just get pissed off when people make sarcastic remarks about someone who is actually trying to do shit. yes damo is my friend and i will stick up for him because i believe he has given alot to the dublin scene. I dont just stick up for him regardless, but when people are gonna take sly digs course im gonna post.

I do believe its better to sort shit like this out in person, i wouldnt regard what i said as losing my head, simple as this when you stop making sarcastic comments and 'sighing' after people post, i'll stop calling you on your shit online rather than in person, can't say fairer than that.

And if your so up on resolving conflicts in other places online then why are you intent on starting them online.

mc moley said:
phew happy to hear it damo...now just ditch that poxy bitch jill and we can get down to it!!! yep you me and oil!!!how bout it? you game?
this is jill:

y'know, instead of ditching me yis could just get it on anyway, as long as i can watch...

Not Johnson & Johnson's baby oil. They produce Neutrogena which is tested on animals. You can't use Mates or Durex johnnies, as they use milk protein in their manufacturing process. Be sure not to have a cigarette after, seeing as they're tested on animals too. Also, a sexy bout of giving each other blowbacks with some nice grass you bought is out of the question; the filthy weed is distributed by organised crime gangs. If you're thinking about going for a drink before slipping it in, you must be out of your crazy little mind. Drink is manufactured, distributed and sold by companies whose sole aim is to make money, capitalist entities.

It's best you lock yourself in your room, get a buzz off giving each other American Dream sleeper holds, and fuck each other with nothing but spit to delay the inevitable chaffing, without protection.

RIGHT ON!

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back