29th kilcoole gig 4e for 9 bands (1 Viewer)

spuded said:
here are margin of error that band of three 13 year olds who play that fast thrash, they played a kilcoole gig in the scouthall a while ago. If so rawkin.

yeah either them or crooky fix/ both fast and trashy/ both pre pubesent/ m.o.e. more so than c.f./ believe me i've checked.

..and kickflips like there's no tomorrow - wish i was that cool when I was their age - Marklar already is!

i'm now turning this into the tricks you've landed recently thread..
- heelflip(s) up and down curbs
- oldskool Kickflips
- primo with rail flip out
- 5-0 grinds..

that's about it .. it's rainy season.

weeler said:
who is a cover band?
who only practicsed a handful of times?

shouldn't new bands be encouraged?
when i saw evil elvis i dont remember them doing anything but rancid and sultans of ping covers.
and a member of MDG told me this week that they've only practiced about 5 times.
of course new bands should be encouraged, when didnt i say that..? but do you think theres going to be any kind of a crowd from dublin going to see the same bands that play every single gig in kilcoole + two who dont have that many original songs between them?
look, this isnt a criticism. promoters who do the work for a gig are totally entitled to put their own bands on the bill..
just consider this though..
at pretty much every toxic gig coldwar, steam pig or blood or whiskey play.
at every kilcoole gig the same 5+ bands from kilcoole play.
kinfed play pretty much the one or two gigs that mero puts on a year.
damien frost play a lot of alpha relish gigs+tours
estel practically always play with bands skinny wolves does gigs/tours for.

imagine if it was the same situation with GZ? imagine if scientific bong played every single gz gig in the past year in dublin and went to cork, limerick and belfast with all the touring bands that have come over ?? there wouldnt be much space for many other bands to play all the time and we certainly wouldnt have the emergence of a recognisable scene with bands like kid blunt, "langdon beck", knifed, puget sound, dagda, killing spree playing all the time.
now scientific bong have 250 records to shift and i cant get us gigs from anywhere in dublin (thankfully good people in castlebar and cork have come to our rescue). we really need to play but cant get on the bill in kilcoole, mero's xmas gig, any of the toxic gigs, the DF/giveamanakick gig in whelans, etc. these are all people/bands who gz has given gigs/money to in the past. i guess unless theres some kind of change its going to be a different story if GZ gets a new venue together.

there was a big debate for this gig, pretty much exactly what your saying...
me and turlok and a few others wanted to have less emphises on kilcoole bands and maybe get a travelling band or two like the killing spree or something.

but then the other half of the camp were in favour of the kilcoole bands playing cuz everyone in all of the bands was involved in putting it on....so who's to say whos band can and cannot play when everyone does an equal amount of work. (and some do more!!)

you can also see that these arent weekly gigs they are once every few months, so it'd be a different story if it was weekly and we were playing it every week. but its not really like that.
also im not really sure why you made that point cuz at every kilcoole gig (i think) either scio bong or nerdlinger have played. so it wouldnt really be fair to other bands if we let you play again...i can understand your need to sell records and i think people should support you in this.

i dunno all i can say is come if you want we've put a gud bit of work into this and have something like 4 zines for sale and a free cd wit one of them.
feat. all the kilcoole bands (shock horror) and already dead, the backhanders, dead letter dept.

er, i wasnt just talking about kilcoole.

and eh, between us we've only played about half the kc gigs,
and i wasnt in nerdlinger.

em yeah.....that's all great n' all....

but the REALLY important question is....

what time bus are yiz all gettin from kilcoole to dublin to go to the Coldspoon Conspiracy launch gig?

cough....

stephenoblunt said:
I agree with Damo.

yeah i know so do i just making the point that we werent really ego tripin or whatever.
i was up for more dub bands....but maj. rules and what not...
and dam straight nerdlinger rocked that gig in kilcoole where yez had a fight was funny shit.
sorry if that last message came across all defensive and arrogant.

damien said:
imagine if it was the same situation with GZ? imagine if scientific bong played every single gz gig in the past year in dublin and went to cork, limerick and belfast with all the touring bands that have come over ?? there wouldnt be much space for many other bands to play all the time and we certainly wouldnt have the emergence of a recognisable scene with bands like kid blunt, "langdon beck", knifed, puget sound, dagda, killing spree playing all the time.
now scientific bong have 250 records to shift and i cant get us gigs from anywhere in dublin (thankfully good people in castlebar and cork have come to our rescue). we really need to play but cant get on the bill in kilcoole, mero's xmas gig, any of the toxic gigs, the DF/giveamanakick gig in whelans, etc. these are all people/bands who gz has given gigs/money to in the past. i guess unless theres some kind of change its going to be a different story if GZ gets a new venue together.
Yeah, and then we don't even get to play with Converge to try and impress all the metallers by out-metalling them (the metallers, not Converge) with our grinding fury, and its everyone else's fault.

THANKS A BUNCH, EVERYONE.

You know, if I was Damo I'd put Scientific Bong on with Converge. That'd show everyone.

mc moley said:
and dam straight nerdlinger rocked that gig in kilcoole where yez had a fight was funny shit.
Yeah, fuck all of youse, I'd rather talk about how cool we are.

It was great, Donal threw stuff at me so I done a flying kick at him, which left him writhing in agony on the ground for five minutes. Then I fell off the stage and Eoin wrecked the drums. Now its all "selling records" this and "Scientific Bong should be playing with Converge" that.

So Nerdlinger is still a touchy subject... Do you remember the way you used to attack us when we mentioned the fact that you seemed to be taking Scientific Bong more seriously than Nerdlinger?

"What?! No we're not! Nerdlinger is my soul, Scientific Bong is like a condom I can peel off and fuck in a bin when its lost its use. How dare you even contemplate us quitting Nerdlinger!!! You Kilcoole pricks are all the same, smiles and hash one minute and gunpowder and viscious slander the next - well fuck you!" - Exact quote from Cormac at GZ.

warped fucking logic.. Putting the I back in diy. hip!

heheh converge are fuckin shite anyway ... trendy metal shite.same as dillinger escape plan :p pure wank.and i mean the bad kind of wank.....

did anyone hear world burns to death want to come over spring 2004 .... nows thats the buisness ... see signature for further comments on this subject.

ok i didnt want it to come to this but oh well...
us coolies are gonna bash you nerdlinger bong boys. everyone knows us coolies smoke more anyway!!! yeah thats right i said it, but dont worry everyones been thikning it for the last year or so now!! ha!
next time i see any of you poncy lookin freaks im gonna grab you by your mullets and show ya how to smoke tha good shit!!!
you wanna watch it cormy we're comeing for you first!
yeah thats right!!

now that i think about it - aren't sci*bong playing a gig in cork that weekend?

*sigh*

weeler said:
now that i think about it - aren't sci*bong playing a gig in cork that weekend?

*sigh*

Yeh they are and he fucking mentioned that earlier in his post.

But that's not the point of what he was trying to say, so maybe you should think about it before you "*sigh*".

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back