2020-21 Football thread (2 Viewers)

Or they might just be bollocks, because they're actually bollocks.
First half I think England keeper only had to catch one cross.

A few good substitutions in second half and they game went almost gung ho and Ireland shoulda scored and put in a great effort and were better team towards the end.

And McCabe didn't get booked - sorry Katie.

Going to watch CL next -
Man City match in Madrid is a cracker.

This is deadly -
Live feed of celebrations in Bilbao as Athletic travel up the waterfront on a barge with a floatilla following them.
Hundreds of thousands on the quays.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Leverkusen 5-0 Bremen
Bundesliga Champs for first time.
This is awesome! Thousands of people on the pitch more like concert.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I missed today's work, and I'm going to most likely miss Leverkusen during the week as well. So is boss, so there'll two experienced but unfamiliar faces watching the Biggest Game Yet on Thursday. Would have been good to see Leverkusen's journey to victory, or an extremely unlikely upset. It's a bit of history and that. Oh well.

Nike Terrorist will be posting this Leverkusen teams obits decades from now.

I missed today's work, and I'm going to most likely miss Leverkusen during the week as well. So is boss, so there'll two experienced but unfamiliar faces watching the Biggest Game Yet on Thursday. Would have been good to see Leverkusen's journey to victory, or an extremely unlikely upset. It's a bit of history and that. Oh well.

Nike Terrorist will be posting this Leverkusen teams obits decades from now.
In Germany Leverkusen had 33 attempts on goal v West Ham (who had one shot).

Hey - the Liverpool results were a disaster over the week. So Bilbao and Xabi Alonso cheered me up.
Arteta, Xabi, Emery and Andoni Iraola are all Basque and a few other lads from Euskadi have managed in England.

Inter could won Serie A last night but drew 2-2 at San Siro with Claudio Ranieri's Cagliari.

Nice win for Bohs at Tolka too

Rainford Kalaba (1986 - 13 April 2024)
Zambian AFCON champion died after a car crash.
Zambia caused a huge shock beating the mighty Ivory Coast in the 2012 Final.
Kalaba won over 100 caps and later served as Zambian captain. He had a spell playing with Portuguese clubs.
There was confusion about Rainford's condition on Saturday after initial reports of his death were removed by some sources.

Moncef El Haddaoui (1964 - 15 April 2024)
Moncef was a 21 year old midfielder in Mexico 1986 when a Morocco side with old a handful of pros, won their group containing England, Poland and Portugal to become the first African team to get out of the group stage.
El Haddaoui played in the last 16 when Maroc held West Germany for 88 minutes until a Matthaus free kick.

Bernd Holzenbein (1946 - 15 April 2024).
Eintracht Frankfurt legend who scored 160 Bundesliga goals in 420 matches for the club.
He played alongside Jürgen Grabowski and Bernd Nickel as an attacking trio for years (both also died in recent years).
Holzenbein won three Cups and the 1980 UEFA Cup at Frankfurt.

He earned 40 caps / 5 goals for West Germany after making his international debut aged 27. Holzenbein won the 1974 World Cup alongside Grabowski and was fouled for the penalty Breitner scored to equalise in the Final.
Holzenbein also scored in the 1976 Euros Final defeat to Czechoslovakia.

Bohs women v Palestinian women's national team 15-5-2024.
Christy Moore is playing too. thttps://www.instagram.com/p/C5k1RQ6s0pt/?igsh=bnh5enFzcnFwbnJl

Why am I doing this to myself right now.

tbf, if I had gone to work today, it might have been too much for me, sensorily. I swear I don't care.

Why am I doing this to myself right now.

tbf, if I had gone to work today, it might have been too much for me, sensorily. I swear I don't care.
Hammers v Xabi 'kusen?
Only saw some of it - watched extra time of Villa v Lille - EMI MARTINEZ!
And was delusional enough to watch most of 2nd half of LFC in Bergamo.

Great effort by Moyes lads - they're the real deal and Hammers have very rarely had a better team than this.

Fenerbache v Olympiacos (ECL) and Marseilles v Benfica (EL) gone to extra time.
Former match could start another war.

I've met Olympiakos fans and they're sound. Noisy, but sound.

No English in Europe though, when did that last happen?

I've no idea. MC looked a bit burned out, liverpool looked short on ideas too - mad to think these guys are walking the premier league supposedly the best in the world etc etc.

I thought PSG had a bit of mad energy to them and might be in with a shout. people with knowledge will disagree for sure.

I've met Olympiakos fans and they're sound. Noisy, but sound.

No English in Europe though, when did that last happen?
Villa got through v Lille on pens in Euro Conference.
Martinez saved two pens.
Emi got second yellow in shootout but in little known rule - yellows are wiped at end of 120 minutes!!
Even Martinez who was winding up Lille crowd was surprised he wasn't sent off.
Paul Dempsey (commentator) didn't know either and couldn't figure out what was happening.

Anyone ever see or hear of this before??!

Turkey v Greece = never for faint hearted.

Users who are viewing this thread

Activity
So far there's no one here

21 Day Calendar

Lau (Unplugged)
The Sugar Club
8 Leeson Street Lower, Saint Kevin's, Dublin 2, D02 ET97, Ireland

Support thumped.com

Support thumped.com and upgrade your account

Upgrade your account now to disable all ads...

Upgrade now

Latest threads

Latest Activity

Loading…
Back